Noob from South coast area.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Evening all,
Total noob to emtb's, but looking forward to what lies ahead. Had moto x bikes in the past, but due to lack of local tracks and places to ride etc. I got rid of them. I do have a mandraulic mtb, but not the fitness to work it hahaha. I bought a Fantic XF1 160 on Sunday, but took it back on Monday as a medium was too small ( long-ish story )The shop has been brilliant to be fair and have ordered me a large which should arrive in 2 weeks.

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
Hi, I'm from the south, share the same background too, Miss the motor x i used as field bikes or practise days, the ebike fills the gap if you can find chaĺlenging enough trails. 25mins from QE :)

Rob Back

Patreon
Jan 20, 2019
Southampton
Hi, I'm from the south, share the same background too, Miss the motor x i used as field bikes or practise days, the ebike fills the gap if you can find chaĺlenging enough trails. 25mins from QE :)
Cool, I’m not familiar with the QE so you guys are going to have to show me round ??

Rob Back

Patreon
Jan 20, 2019
Southampton
Just reading the we site it say
Queen Elizabeth Country Park has trails for both the beginner and the keen cyclist.
Mountain Bike trails
There are two permissive bike trails which are clearly way marked on the ground:
  • Intermediate mountain bike trail – Blue route - 6km (3.7 miles)
  • Advanced mountain bike trail- Red route - 7km (4.6 miles) Great ??

Rob Back

Patreon
Jan 20, 2019
Southampton
Just reading the we site it say
Queen Elizabeth Country Park has trails for both the beginner and the keen cyclist.
Mountain Bike trails
There are two permissive bike trails which are clearly way marked on the ground:
  • Intermediate mountain bike trail – Blue route - 6km (3.7 miles)
  • Advanced mountain bike trail- Red route - 7km (4.6 miles) Great ??
I’ve just looked I’m 33mins away, might nip down next week to take a look

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
Thanks Rob, Google says 37mins from me :)
Only been there once a while ago on a conventional mtb and thought it was quite hilly but probably perfect for an ebike haha. Car park at the bottom of the park, can't remember how much it was.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth

Nice one Jay. I sold my KTM 500 and exc 250 in 1998/99, so challenging trails are going to be beyond me at the moment hahaha. Had a road bike since forever though, KTM 1290 SD currently, but it's certainly no preparation for trail riding. Hopefully meet up for a ride sometime though?
Cheers ?

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
Nice one Jay. I sold my KTM 500 and exc 250 in 1998/99, so challenging trails are going to be beyond me at the moment hahaha. Had a road bike since forever though, KTM 1290 SD currently, but it's certainly no preparation for trail riding. Hopefully meet up for a ride sometime though?
Cheers ?

Hi,
That was a while ago but sure it will come natural to you.
Don't trust myself on a road bike although considered a supermoto the ebike was the choice in the end.
I have a young family so can't always get out as much as I'd like to guilt free but yeah I'd meet up for a ride when I can (think i sold two full days out a month on the bike to her at some point).

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles