[Noob detected] would this bike be a good choice?

HolM8

Aug 14, 2019
Germany
Hello from Germany,
I'm a complete noob to this topic. I tried to read a lot of stuff but now I'm even more confused.

Currently I’m looking for my first emtb.
I would like to buy a fully for cross-country, easy trails (maybe later harder trails) and commuting to work, but the choice of different brands and models confuses me.
Here in Germany everyone is recommending Cube.
Since I’m looking for something special, I found the Cannondale Monterra 2 for 2750€ with 2 years warranty, brand new from a merchant.
Cannondale Moterra 2 2019, E-MTB | E-Bike | Fahrräder
I know it’s a bit older model (first release was in ~2017).
Now I’m wondering whether you would still recommend the Moterra 2 or would you recommend buying a 2019 model (e.g. Cube Stereo Hybrid 120) for like 100€ more (~2880€)?
In my opinion the Moterra 2 looks pretty good if I compare the components with the Cube, especially for the 2750€.

In several shops I can find it for the original price of 3999€.
In my opinion a "2 year old bike" (original price 3999€) is better than a new model with the original price of 3100€ (e.g. the cube)?

Or maybe a completely different bike?

Thanks for you help!

Greetings

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Being from Germany I would look at one of the home brands like Haibike or Kreidler.

Saying that, the Cannonball is probably not too bad a deal. Pretty certain that and the Cube use the same motor - Bosch CX2 so it is just component selection and aesthetics.

Stormy 107

Jun 22, 2019
Yarm
Don't forget canyon, direct to customers, for bike for your money. Remember bosch has some resistance above 25 kph, canyon use Shimano which is better motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles