Noise from Merida eOne Sixty 800

ebikerdiary

Jan 14, 2019
Sydney
My eOne Sixty 800 has done 4,500kms and its been a joy to ride, butI cannot find information about when they need servicing. A pulsing harmonic noise has appeared only when applying pedal torque. I have an mp4 file of the sound but cannot attach it here. Has anyone experienced this? What was the fix? How often does the Merida need to be serviced? Any advice welcome.

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
I sometimes get a "dry" rubbing sound on one side on the pedal downstroke. Wee squirt of silcone spray and it goes away.

Is there excessive play in the cranks? I believe a few e8000 motors have crank movement and a creaky noise and have been replaced on warranty
link
E8000 play/noise

ebikerdiary

Jan 14, 2019
Sydney
I sometimes get a "dry" rubbing sound on one side on the pedal downstroke. Wee squirt of silcone spray and it goes away.

Is there excessive play in the cranks? I believe a few e8000 motors have crank movement and a creaky noise and have been replaced on warranty
link
E8000 play/noise
Thanks for the input; there is no play at all in the cranks, but come to think of it, the noise corresponds to downstrokes. Exactly where did you spray the silicone? Do you think WD40 would do it?

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
F2f Teflon spray I meant as it's a lubricant. Just a wee squirt around where the crank goes into the motor works for me. I think wd40 has a little too much degreaser

ebikerdiary

Jan 14, 2019
Sydney
The F2f Teflon spray has not had much effect. I'm hearing doom and gloom stories from bike retailers; the horrible word "warranty job" is being mentioned.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles