No intense love here?

skypickle

Jul 18, 2019
MA
As the new models are coming out there are some great deals popping up in lbs to clear inventory. 10-15% discounts. Add to that the lower prices some good bikes have that are not in the spotlight . (Unlike specialized). So I came across the intense tazer. The geometry tells me it will be responsive
Geometry Geeks
The motor is the shimano e8000 and its parts are top of the line. It’s price is less than a specialized comp carbon turbo levo. I test rode it but what do I know. So I am here trying to milk knowledge from internet’s teat.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I am kind of new to Ebikes but i consider that retail price exagerated. Under 25% discount is not a deal. For system Yamaha is tough to beat for his reliability, his range and it s instant power. We all have preferences if the fit is good, the decision is yours.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I wanted this bike to be sexy, like my current intense, but when it came out I was disappointed. It looks terrible imo. There's nothing new nor modern about it and its looks leave a lot to be desired compared to the new breed of Emtb.

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
I like it, hopefully the motor manufacturers will stop being dicks and allow the sale of frames with motors.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I was going to get a test ride, but intense never called back and YT released the decoy which is a lot less ugly.

Hopefully intense will update with the shimano internal battery

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I don't think it needs an internal battery, I like its hidden from crud but easily swappable, a generic part, and not weakening the end of the tube.

I'd like to see an e-trail bike from Intense. And Evil.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I don't think it needs an internal battery, I like its hidden from crud but easily swappable, a generic part, and not weakening the end of the tube.

I'd like to see an e-trail bike from Intense. And Evil.

Shimano do the same battery pack as in the Tazer, but designed for fitting in a frame. Intense could use that, keep it swappable (which I totally agree is necessary), but slim down the downtube so the proportions are better.

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
Frame with motor only or even a frame with all electronics but no wheels or forks. The bike builder I spoke to said Shimano won't let them.
An external battery mounted inside behind a cover is the best solution yet and I would buy one for that reason alone.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Shimano do the same battery pack as in the Tazer, but designed for fitting in a frame. Intense could use that, keep it swappable (which I totally agree is necessary), but slim down the downtube so the proportions are better.

I've read a few times the "external" version of the battery is smaller and lighter.

yeah it has a certain look but not a deal breaker for me.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Frame with motor only or even a frame with all electronics but no wheels or forks. The bike builder I spoke to said Shimano won't let them.
An external battery mounted inside behind a cover is the best solution yet and I would buy one for that reason alone.

only a matter of time I hope.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I too think the Tazer is a bit of a FAIL
There are lighter, better (descending) geometry bikes with the same motor and similar componentry for half the price of the Tazer.
The "hidden" battery cupboard is just dumb. not to mention uglier and heavier than an externally mounted E8000 battery.

I still can't believe Jeff stole the name of the proper Tazer for this thing
The OG Tazer was one of the best looking best performing frames of it's genre...
8B7F9E9B-8A7C-4D69-A4CF-6938AA55CB6A-34674-0000071664C374DC.jpg

and like the M1 a decade ahead of it's competition.
33990632452_0a492a68f9_c.jpg

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I too think the Tazer is a bit of a FAIL
There are lighter, better (descending) geometry bikes with the same motor and similar componentry for half the price of the Tazer.
The "hidden" battery cupboard is just dumb. not to mention uglier and heavier than an externally mounted E8000 battery.

I still can't believe Jeff stole the name of the proper Tazer for this thing
The OG Tazer was one of the best looking best performing frames of it's genre...
8B7F9E9B-8A7C-4D69-A4CF-6938AA55CB6A-34674-0000071664C374DC.jpg

and like the M1 a decade ahead of it's competition.
33990632452_0a492a68f9_c.jpg
That Intense balance bike is awesome! I just had no idea you were so short, @Gary... ;):LOL:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I think it looks awsome, and love the idea of a standard battery inside the downtube. I'm a motocross guy and could care less if it looks like an acoustic bike. It looks like a motocross bike to me and I love it!

But... the price is silly. I recently bought a 2019 ebike that retailed @ $5600 for $3500 and it didnt take much negotiation.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles