Article Next Generation: Forestal Siryon

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
All still vaporware sadly.
So are farts, but they can still clear a room faster than a fire alarm.

On the 14 hour long Forestal Video, they say they're all available with 4-5 week delivery from now.

I'm amazed there aren't several threads complaining about the price ? An unproven bike, from an unknown company with a motor from a chinese motor developer and an unknown battery - prices starting at €8,300 .... Forestal > beating Spesh at their own game ...

It does have free lifetime data connectivity, so you could re-coup the cost by getting rid of your broadband connection :)

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
I'm amazed there aren't several threads complaining about the price ? An unproven bike, from an unknown company with a motor from a chinese motor developer and an unknown battery - prices starting at €8,300 .... Forestal > beating Spesh at their own game ...

elon-musk_4_588x353.jpeg

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Complaining about the price is like me complaining about the price for a Bugatti, there's no way in hell I'm spending that much on a bike, any bike. I'd rather buy two non-dentist bikes and have choices.

clouder

Mar 15, 2021
USA
I got a response on my pre-order today below.

“As you can imagine the global chip shortage has become since the last 4-5 weeks a real issue at a global scale.
We are currently waiting for some components (accelerometers, CPUs, etc.) for our Dashboard which is assembled by us here in Andorra and to be honest this is being quite a struggle. From the 300 references we need for the Forestal Smart Dashboard, only 5 are missing.

The whole team is looking through different traders all over the world. We are at a point where we purchased accelerometers at 20 times the original price just for the sake of brand image and being able to deliver the bikes from the pre-sales.

The good news behind this whole explanation is that today, it seems that we could get these missing components. But on the other side there is Bafang, who is also suffering from a similar situation to assemble the EonDrives. We will bring the first batch by air to get them as fast as possible.”

Mar 29, 2021
Netherlands
I got a response on my pre-order today below.

“As you can imagine the global chip shortage has become since the last 4-5 weeks a real issue at a global scale.
We are currently waiting for some components (accelerometers, CPUs, etc.) for our Dashboard which is assembled by us here in Andorra and to be honest this is being quite a struggle. From the 300 references we need for the Forestal Smart Dashboard, only 5 are missing.

The whole team is looking through different traders all over the world. We are at a point where we purchased accelerometers at 20 times the original price just for the sake of brand image and being able to deliver the bikes from the pre-sales.

The good news behind this whole explanation is that today, it seems that we could get these missing components. But on the other side there is Bafang, who is also suffering from a similar situation to assemble the EonDrives. We will bring the first batch by air to get them as fast as possible.”
join us on our FB Forestal Owners Group page, all info is there already. Facebook Groups

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles