Article Next Generation: Forestal Siryon

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
I saw on a FB page that it has some type of push button unlimited mode for brief periods of time. Not confirmed that I’ve seen

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
Figured I should share this if anyone was wondering about delivery estimates. I put my order in on July 10th. Anyone else put in an order for one of these? I was pleasantly surprised when the price at checkout was actually a decent chunk lower than the listed price since I didn't have to pay the VAT.

Response from Forestal -

"Regarding the arrival date of your purchase, we are extremely sorry to inform you that due to the exceptional situation we are living, we are facing difficulties in terms or receiving some of the key components from our distributors. This makes our arrival date go a little further onto beginnings of 2021.

We completely understand that when you place an order, you expect the arrival in a timely manner.
Therefore, we have already decided going one step further and we will be sending you a Gift Box with exclusive FORESTAL items."

They also have actual photos of the bike now -> Siryon Edition one. Explicit content.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
rob posted something Forestal on his instagram today looks like he might have had a play with it.

Intresting they still have LTD edition pre-orders. I'm guessing alot of riders are cautious of a new company/unknown motor. I remember the eZesty I was all set to buy one from the marketing, but in the end didnt match the 'game changer' hype.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thats a VR tool, but like Ikea have, where you can do a virtual walk around of the bike

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
heres me thinking AR was some kind name for their pivot :LOL:

To befair I was 'gramming on my phone must need ?

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
The design and ideas are so interesting (y)

They should kick the Bafang motor out - and go for the Shimano EP8 RS - Like the Orbea Rise.

The motor is so important for eMTBs - IMHO it's like a new Ferrari with a Fiat engine.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
The design and ideas are so interesting (y)

They should kick the Bafang motor out - and go for the Shimano EP8 RS - Like the Orbea Rise.

The motor is so important for eMTBs - IMHO it's like a new Ferrari with a Fiat engine.
I dont know, is it? Reports have the bafang 500 quieter , more powerful, intuitive and i don't hear of many motor failures of any bafang motors. Maybe i just havent heard of issues

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
I dont know, is it? Reports have the bafang 500 quieter , more powerful, intuitive and i don't hear of many motor failures of any bafang motors. Maybe i just havent heard of issues
Nothing wrong with Bafang - very large company
I'm very interested in the Forestal - but also have to take into account that the company is new, the design is new and different and the engine is also new for eMTB.
Would certainly be a first mover :cool:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Nothing wrong with Bafang - very large company
I'm very interested in the Forestal - but also have to take into account that the company is new, the design is new and different and the engine is also new for eMTB.
Would certainly be a first mover :cool:
Ya definitely. I wont be an early adopter but it does have a lot of cool design features. Cant wait to see how it pans out

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
DH Bike they have just released for Brigade World Cup team - you can see their suspension design more clearly

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 20.18.28.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I can only presume it's down to Brexit/Covid/Winter/Who da feck is he that I haven't received my demo version. Then again, if they've checked the weather, they might be sending me a kayak instead.

I have to say, I'm excited to hear the first ride reports for the Siryon when someone gets one.

It might just be that perfect blend of compromises which also fits the @R120 vision ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its too expensive for me, my favourite bike I have seen out of the new launches has been the Marin, but then again its not doing anything my E-Sommett doesn't already do and weighs more so no point in buying it.

Out of the lightweights I like the look of the Rise, but again too expensive.

I haven't seen anything yet that has me reaching for the credit card, and I am a compulsive shopper for bikes and bike bits.

squigy

Feb 11, 2021
USA
I put a pre-order in last week. The website today says it will ship sometime in March of this year*. I did email them about the battery extender and I got a response saying that it is still being developed and on track to be released by the end of this year. The main reason I wanted this bike is due to the 700wh range it offers with the extender. I looked into the frame warranty as well, which according to the small print is 7 years.

"Delivery: Europe / UK / United States / Canada - March 2021. Other countries - May 2021"

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I put a pre-order in last week. The website today says it will ship sometime in March of this year*. I did email them about the battery extender and I got a response saying that it is still be developed and on track to be released by the end of this year. The main reason I wanted this bike is due to the 700wh range it offers with the extender. I looked into the frame warranty as well, which according to the small print is 7 years.

"Delivery: Europe / UK / United States / Canada - March 2021. Other countries - May 2021"
Looking forward to seeing it and a real-world review.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
This little bad boy look interesting for hooning round town - I think I spy a mini suspension fork up front there . .

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
I'm in Thousand Oaks, socal. If you are close, it would be nice to check out the bike if possible.. Im interested, but waiting to see some reviews and comparisions..

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I’m curious why the industry is persisting with the BB based motor/drive solution? I can understand how/why it evolved that way but there doesn’t appear to be any appetite for exploring alternatives.

We’ve been given a motor, a power source and a clean sheet of paper.

If it was me, I’d be looking at a hydraulic drive setup with a drive unit either into the bottom bracket of straight to the rear hub. Just let the motor spin a small hydraulic pump. Simple, fewer moving parts etc. Alternatively, a flexi-drive to a worm gear at the hub.

Tech exists to make long thin multi-segment armature motors (developed over 25 yrs ago for downhole pumps in the North sea). Miniaturise it and house it in a frame tube. We’re not curing cancer here.

I think Fazua are on the right track with their drive unit/battery principle.

Anyway, what do I know, just thoughts. I’m just another on-line muppet spouting bollox like the rest of us.

Does the touch screen work with glove?

Bernd

Mar 31, 2021
Heidenheim, Germany
For those who haven't been on the Forestal website for a long time:

"Part of the Forestal crew headed to Aínsa, in Spain, in order to hard-test the enduro bikes for their last validation. The test in Aínsa was mainly focused on the functioning and performance of the EonDrive motor, the Aurora battery and the performance of the Smart Dashboard display.
The mechanisms have showed a great performance after riding for more than 30km and climbing for more than 1,200 meters while only using two thirds of the max power. The battery was still ready to continue with the performance by fulfilling the rider’s dream. The traction on the bike really showed its quality and the engineers are really happy with the overall results ..."

The 999 1st edition bikes have almost all been sold, Forestal has ended the pre-sale. The Siryon is now available in 3 configurations (HALO, NEO, DIODE) and various color combinations, some of which are also available as an extra charge.
The HALO starts at 8.299EUR. The top model DIODE is exclusively equipped with Öhlins suspension, XO1 Eagle AXS, brakes from Braking, Crankbrothers carbon wheels, etc. 12.599EUR a due for this! Surprisingly, the most expensive Siryon is not the lightest of the 3 models. The NEON in size M is more than1kg lighter than the DIODE. The weight is 17.2kg with Rock Shox Lyrik and Super Deluxe in the Ultimate version, Magura MT7 brakes, Sram Eagle XO1 and a Crankbrothers Carbon wheel set. 10.499EUR for the NEON.

Maybe we will see Forestal with the Siryon at various exhibitions, like the Eurobike and the bike festivals in Riva di Garda and other events. That will depend on the current situation around the corona virus.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles