Sy_emtb

Jan 3, 2020
Manchester
Hi guys, just signed up on here.

I’ve posted over on the newbies threads but thought I’d stick a post on here too.

I’m due to collect my first ebike next week 2020 Cube Stereo 160 hybrid action team. Really can’t wait, I previously had the analogue version of the stereo 140 which was a great bike. I never thought I would get an ebike but after having a ride on my friends 160 hybrid there was no going back. I’m officially converted although it didn’t take much ? I’ll get some pictures up of the new ride when it arrives.

Cheers, Simon. ??

Sy_emtb

Jan 3, 2020
Manchester
Picked the new bike up yesterday, here’s a picture as promised. Invisiframe kit is awesome barely noticeable really happy with it ?
3EF86EEE-4605-4533-9C36-4051500242FC.jpeg

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Cracking looking bike, now lets see it dirty, theres nothing worse than washing away the newness of a new thing that's newer than new :)

Sy_emtb

Jan 3, 2020
Manchester
First ride on it tomorrow, weather forecast isn’t great so the newness will be well and truly gone by tomorrow evening, which will send me into a complete ocd meltdown for a few hours.... Until I get over it by repeatedly telling myself it’s a bike that’s what it’s for...?

Sy_emtb

Jan 3, 2020
Manchester
Well not a great start for the first ride out on the new bike. Didn’t make it to the start of the trails as the battery seems to have quit on me. It was showing 100% charged on the display but was providing no assistance, then the Kiox showed a low battery warning for the display asking me to connect it to the mains via usb or to the ebike battery. After charging and resetting the display the bike battery was now showing 0% so I tried to plug the charger in and got nothing. Tried to reset the battery....nothing, no LED lights to display the state the battery is in seems completely dead, back to the shop she goes tomorrow ?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Seller should have done diagnostic and check if everything is OK and charged before deliver the bike. Did he do it?

Sy_emtb

Jan 3, 2020
Manchester
Seller should have done diagnostic and check if everything is OK and charged before deliver the bike. Did he do it?

Yes and yes bike was fully charged, and when I collected the bike I signed the pdi inspection which said the diagnostics and set up had been done. I’d rode it but only local to me Around the roads, all was ok. Battery was around 80% when I charged it fully before my first “proper” ride.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Yes and yes bike was fully charged, and when I collected the bike I signed the pdi inspection which said the diagnostics and set up had been done. I’d rode it but only local to me Around the roads, all was ok. Battery was around 80% when I charged it fully before my first “proper” ride.
Bollocks of bad luck.

Sy_emtb

Jan 3, 2020
Manchester
Exactly that! Story of my life unfortunately, but look on the bright side at least it didn’t happen half way through the ride and make me suffer the rest of the way with no assistance every cloud and all that ?

Johny

May 14, 2020
Ireland
My 140 race has also suffered like yours. This is my 2nd bike in 7 weeks. Dealer excellent but something clearly wrong with Bosch electronics.

Sy_emtb

Jan 3, 2020
Manchester
My 140 race has also suffered like yours. This is my 2nd bike in 7 weeks. Dealer excellent but something clearly wrong with Bosch electronics.

This only happened to me once, my dealer told me that they have seen this once or twice before and the problem always seems to be with the first full charge when the bike is new. They said each time this happened was when the battery was fully charged OFF the bike, something to do with the control unit not liking it. I’ve not charged the battery off the bike since. Hope you get it sorted ??

Johny

May 14, 2020
Ireland
My 1st bike simply wouldn’t play ball like yours however, the dealer arranged a new replacement and 1000kms later it simply died, same issue. The 2 bikes serial numbers were only 6 digits apart so we’re speculating an issue with the Bosch batch of motor/625 powertub/ kiox.. I emailed Cube directly but no reply. Bike itself was wonderful so I’ll go again, fingers crossed.

Tonycube

Apr 30, 2020
South Wales
Well not a great start for the first ride out on the new bike. Didn’t make it to the start of the trails as the battery seems to have quit on me. It was showing 100% charged on the display but was providing no assistance, then the Kiox showed a low battery warning for the display asking me to connect it to the mains via usb or to the ebike battery. After charging and resetting the display the bike battery was now showing 0% so I tried to plug the charger in and got nothing. Tried to reset the battery....nothing, no LED lights to display the state the battery is in seems completely dead, back to the shop she goes tomorrow ?
Hello there.
This is strange and uncanny similar experience to mine.
Rec my new stereo 140 tm.
was 30% charged which is how they are shipped from Germany I believe.
So I charged to 100% and did took off charge as soon as it reached 100%.
Then did a careful 20 mile and 2500ft of climbing .
The battery had only lost 30% as was showing 70% FAB.
Ride Was great as both my knees are shot.

The next day my invisiframe came so I removed battery and display and gave it a careful handwash.
Fitted the invisiframe and finished off my knees LOL.
Then put battery and display back on and the trouble starts.
Buttons doing randam things and display stuck in off.
Battery now showing 0%
So dealer sends new button and display.
Buttons now work but display does not connect to battery.
So dealer says factory reset display and batteryand take it for a ride to see if the battery comes to life.
But dit not solve the prob.
Dealer sent courier for bike and they are now waiting for bosch to send them a new battery.
So back on my cannondale lefty rigid so god help my knees.
Hope this helps as we have the identical problem.
Tonycube

Tonycube

Apr 30, 2020
South Wales
My 1st bike simply wouldn’t play ball like yours however, the dealer arranged a new replacement and 1000kms later it simply died, same issue. The 2 bikes serial numbers were only 6 digits apart so we’re speculating an issue with the Bosch batch of motor/625 powertub/ kiox.. I emailed Cube directly but no reply. Bike itself was wonderful so I’ll go again, fingers crossed.
Hello there.
This is strange and uncanny similar experience to mine.
Rec my new stereo 140 tm.
was 30% charged which is how they are shipped from Germany I believe.
So I charged to 100% and did took off charge as soon as it reached 100%.
Then did a careful 20 mile and 2500ft of climbing .
The battery had only lost 30% as was showing 70% FAB.
Ride Was great as both my knees are shot.

The next day my invisiframe came so I removed battery and display and gave it a careful handwash.
Fitted the invisiframe and finished off my knees LOL.
Then put battery and display back on and the trouble starts.
Buttons doing randam things and display stuck in off.
Battery now showing 0%
So dealer sends new button and display.
Buttons now work but display does not connect to battery.
So dealer says factory reset display and batteryand take it for a ride to see if the battery comes to life.
But dit not solve the prob.
Dealer sent courier for bike and they are now waiting for bosch to send them a new battery.
So back on my cannondale lefty rigid so god help my knees.
Hope this helps as we have the identical problem.
Tonycube

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles