Newbie- shopping for my first eMTB

Woody

Feb 16, 2019
Lutterworth
Hi Everyone, I've been reading the forum for a while now and it's a great community you have here! Just thought I would introduce myself....
I had my first eMTB experience back at Cannock in September last year and have to say it was a game changing experience. The Trek Powerful 9LT was available to rent out from the Cannock bike shop and well worth renting out for a few hours. It really gave me a flavour of what an while was capable of.
Now I'm considering my first eMTB purchase in the coming months. I'm heading to the Leisure lakes demo day over at Cannock in the hope to try a few of the different motor brands but at the moment have my heart set on a Vitus e-Sommet VR.
I hope to be able to join some of the group rides once I have my new bike but if anyone is in the East Midlands area give me a shout. Tend to ride at Cannock or Sherwood Pines or Wakerley Woods but also head down to Swinley Forest and would be great to meet some of you.

Ian

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Welcome - although I hail from down south, there are a lot of Cannock and Swinley locals on here.

Demo day a great idea, as all EMTB's feel awesome when you first try them, but as much difference between them as normal bikes. I have the Vitus and its a great bike, but very much at the long, low and slack Enduro end of the spectrum.

Use the same criteria you would as choosing any other bike, identify the bikes that suit the riding you do, and once you have narrowed that down try and sling a leg over them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles