Newbie here! Intro post! Dengfu E10/Bafang M600 Questions!

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
Hey everyone!

My name is Chris and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.

After seeing Robs Youtube Videos on "The Cheeb", yesterday I pulled the trigger and ordered the same frame but with a Bafang M600 (I think Rob got the M500).

I've currently got a beautiful Banshee Rune 27.5 (160 front, 160 Rear) and am going to transfer everything off of that frame on to the E10. The plan is to then gradually buy some bigger forks etc to make the Banshee more of a DH/Enduro setup, and then use the E10 for everyday AM/Enduro riding.

I've built a few bikes (and I've ordered many frames and wheel sets from China) but dealing with a new company is always strange with the language barrier. I have a few questions and I'm hoping that either Rob or other people that have bought the E10 can help me out with what I need!

1. Melody from Dengfu has sent me a picture of the mounting hardware. Does it come with it? If it does, is it any good? Should I spend the money on the brass ones from Offset Bushings? I've got an RS Monarch plus RC3.

2. Is the frame clear-coated? I love the stealth look of carbon frames (as much as robs paint job is super good - especially out of rattle cans!) so the plan is to clear coat it in high gloss.

3. I've bought an XL frame - I read somewhere (or maybe I dreamt it) that the cable that sends the info to the screen isn't long enough? Or am I off my guts and it's all totally fine?

4. What is the model number of the display? I quite like the one that Rob has and Melody can't direct me to a link that shows the correct model (I think its a D241?)

5. I've got a 203 on the front wheel and a 180 on the rear. Being an bike with a motor that's not speed limited, I was planning on putting a 223 on the front and a 203 on the rear. Will they fit?

6. I've got a taco bolted on in-between the pedals and frame, and I bash it around a bit. What size chainring protector fits on to it?

It's basically a 6 week wait until I get it, so I'd love to have everything ready to go so that I can just build it in a day and go and destroy myself.

I think that's all for now! If you think I need to know anything else, let me know!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
Gold coast checking in here. I have bought the same thing. just trying to figure out what suspension and wheels to run

Last edited:

Mtbdad

May 2, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
I'm pretty up with all the mechanicals of this frame, But I am really keen to hear more on how it rides. Overall riding experience. Compared to other ebikes.

Jesse

Mtbdad

May 2, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Gold coast checking in here. I have bought the same thing. just trying to figure out what suspension and wheels to run
I was thinking coil would be good for this bike. But after looking at the spring curve its quite linear. So an air shock might suit it better

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
I've got a RS Monarch RS3 216x63, and Hope Tech35w on it. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information available! What I will do though, is detail the build process (I'll just write what I think is relevant, because many people have covered most of it!) on here to make it easy for you guys. If anyone is a South East suburbs local, then you'll be welcome to come over and give it a go once I'm done building it.

Last edited:

Wax

May 2, 2021
mag00000
I just bought a zeb front end and a Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT 2021 AM rear shock
I Know this is what was on the cheep and it seems to be a good bike
I think the fox was better but really this is a high end shock setup and I dont think i am really going to need this let alone a fox

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
I'm in south east subs and am about to put it all together. Just need a dropper post, pedals, bars, stem, and brakes. Don't know how I am supposed to measure up the dropper post though. Just thought I could buy a 150mm dropper and thats it. But the sales man says need ST, insertion depth, max ride height bla bla bla. Not sure why you say M600 motor is not speed limited, it arrives limited to 25kmh. My bike is 17.5" and the display cable is more then enough, so I think they have that sorted. Am following this as I need to sort out rotors aswell. I have matt black finish and love the flat look. The less blingy the better. You will still need to sand the frame for a clear coat but the look is purely subjective. My frame came with head set but rear wheel axle was extra.

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Does this frame accept the M600 motor? When I was taking to Denfu they said it was for the M620. Of course I can't get one because I live in the US and Luna Cycles has the rights here.

Every thread/topic on the E10 mentions the M500 and M600 and the dengfu website does also.

There is no mention anywhere that the E10 takes an M620.

Luna might have a customized frame that takes an M620 but like you, I can't be bothered looking very far into it. ?

B-rides

Oct 28, 2021
Australia
I've got a RS Monarch RS3 216x63, and Hope Tech35w on it. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information available! What I will do though, is detail the build process (I'll just write what I think is relevant, because many people have covered most of it!) on here to make it easy for you guys. If anyone is a South East suburbs local, then you'll be welcome to come over and give it a go once I'm done building it.
Hi Bigchris,
I am looking at pulling the trigger on an e10, is the offer still open for people in SE Melbourne to check out your setup?
Cheers

Hard Tail

Oct 11, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Guys. Also in Melbourne. I imported an E10 complete last year. Great value and beautiful bike to ride. Haven’t got around to painting the bare carbon frame as yet, but starting to get inspired by others paint schemes on this forum. The only issue I experienced, dealing with Dengfu was a slightly longer than posted delivery time, I think about 12 weeks, but otherwise seamless.
all the best with your buy/ builds and might see you out on the trails sometime.

B-rides

Oct 28, 2021
Australia
Hi Guys. Also in Melbourne. I imported an E10 complete last year. Great value and beautiful bike to ride. Haven’t got around to painting the bare carbon frame as yet, but starting to get inspired by others paint schemes on this forum. The only issue I experienced, dealing with Dengfu was a slightly longer than posted delivery time, I think about 12 weeks, but otherwise seamless.
all the best with your buy/ builds and might see you out on the trails sometime.
Great to hear you also like the bike, curious on the bare carbon finish, would frame protection stick to it as I have used that on my current matt Remedy.

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia

Hi !

Hard Tail is likely to be the first e10 owner in Australia.

Last edited:

Hard Tail

Oct 11, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
Hi B Ride. I did consider frame protection contact, but in reality I’m not so concerned about asthetics. origional plan was to strip and paint immediately but in reality after a ride or two my plans changed. I’ll keep riding it until it starts looking shabby the give it a paint job birthday.
And no Dengfu. I met another guy on the Wombat-park trail that also had an E 10 and he got his before me. At least two in Melbourne town.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles