Newb From Essex

PSR1947

Mar 14, 2020
Epping Essex UK
I live in Epping, Essex and very near to the forest. They say that Essex is flat but clearly not if you are pedaling.
I have recently purchased a 2020 Levo Comp as my previous 2016 Levo hardtail had given up the ghost and been condemned by Specialized HQ. That was after 5 new engines, one of which didn't make the test ride out of the car park. There were also 4 batteries and just to top it off the crank spindle sheared. This lemon was finally condemned when the chainstay was scored by the chain that was clogged in yellow Essex clay.
HQ offered me a 30% discount off any new 2020 model and I jumped, with some reservations, for the fully suspended comp.
So far after 150 miles, I am absolutely delighted apart from the brakes. I have already replaced a set of pads, but riding at this time of the year in grinding paste, perhaps this is to be expected?

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Welcome! I’m an Essex boy too - grew up in Woodford Green but relocated to Devon around 20 years ago. Glad you’re pleased with your new bike.

PSR1947

Mar 14, 2020
Epping Essex UK
The motor is very smooth and with the 700-watt battery long-lasting. The 29inch wheel rolls much smoother than my previous 27.5. All-round it is a brilliant package.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles