New Zealand Mtb

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yeah ! how cool is that .. I'm so sad I can recognise a trail I've seen previously on you tube .. yet I can't remember half the drops and rocks on the trails I ride myself ....

Anyway .. it was @brash :

New Zealand Mtb - EMTB Forums
Oh yeah I thought I recognised it! I’m a bit like you Zimmer, it take me at least 10 visits to any park before I recognise the trails.
I went sky diving yesterday and I barely remember the whole thing. All I remember was excitement!
My brain goes to quick to form memories.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Oh yeah I thought I recognised it! I’m a bit like you Zimmer, it take me at least 10 visits to any park before I recognise the trails.
I went sky diving yesterday and I barely remember the whole thing. All I remember was excitement!

My brain goes to quick to form memories.

TEN TIMES ! ... By the 8th, I've forgotten the first visit :) But you're correct, I guess depending how your brain works, for some reason it seems to "soak" in slowly with repeated goes .. but then you seem to have it mapped to mm perfection.

Tell me you launched out of the plane on the Kenevo ?? :)

Years ago, had some friends who were into sky diving .. so I went and did my parachute lessons..

First jump I remember having to crawl kneeling from the ass end of some tiny plane (having been suffocated by the beer, curry and fear farts of the kind people who got to leap first), performing some impossible yoga to exit plane onto a wing spar so you could safely "leap" (be ripped away by the wind). Joyfully and excitedly plummeting for a few seconds before pulling the chute and was surprised by the lack of "jolt" .. Looked up to see a tiny tiny bundle of parachute at the end of a long twisted line .. uhmmmm .. that's not right .. Fortunately it decided to fix itself, which involved slowly, unwinding .. except the chute blob stayed straight and I did the unwinding .. which got faster and faster as I flew to my impending dizzy death and contemplated the emergency chute.

Once unwound enough, the chute finally inflated causing very rapid deceleration, from a much higher than intended velocity, combined with the instant stopping of my super fast ballerina ice skating mega spin as all the lines pulled straight. I still have no idea how I didn't vomit.

That was followed by several of the most boring moments of my life as it felt like I just hung, unmoving, in the sky .. At some point you get close enough to the ground and realise you are actually moving quite quickly .. 2 seconds later whilst still somewhat disorientated, I did a perfect landing in a massive cow shit.

I didn't jump again ...

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
Haha good to see old mate cased the same jumps I did.

What got me though is how did he get that downhill bike there? That’s a long walk up with that bike.

For those wondering, it’s in the wynard bike park just down the road (literally) from Queenstown. It’s all on Trailforks. Best track you will ever ride. All free.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
TEN TIMES ! ... By the 8th, I've forgotten the first visit :) But you're correct, I guess depending how your brain works, for some reason it seems to "soak" in slowly with repeated goes .. but then you seem to have it mapped to mm perfection.

Tell me you launched out of the plane on the Kenevo ?? :)

Years ago, had some friends who were into sky diving .. so I went and did my parachute lessons..

First jump I remember having to crawl kneeling from the ass end of some tiny plane (having been suffocated by the beer, curry and fear farts of the kind people who got to leap first), performing some impossible yoga to exit plane onto a wing spar so you could safely "leap" (be ripped away by the wind). Joyfully and excitedly plummeting for a few seconds before pulling the chute and was surprised by the lack of "jolt" .. Looked up to see a tiny tiny bundle of parachute at the end of a long twisted line .. uhmmmm .. that's not right .. Fortunately it decided to fix itself, which involved slowly, unwinding .. except the chute blob stayed straight and I did the unwinding .. which got faster and faster as I flew to my impending dizzy death and contemplated the emergency chute.

Once unwound enough, the chute finally inflated causing very rapid deceleration, from a much higher than intended velocity, combined with the instant stopping of my super fast ballerina ice skating mega spin as all the lines pulled straight. I still have no idea how I didn't vomit.

That was followed by several of the most boring moments of my life as it felt like I just hung, unmoving, in the sky .. At some point you get close enough to the ground and realise you are actually moving quite quickly .. 2 seconds later whilst still somewhat disorientated, I did a perfect landing in a massive cow shit.

I didn't jump again ...
Hahaha that’s awesome! I would have much preferred that to have happened as I was a little underwhelmed by the whole experience.
I mean I totally loved it but I’ve had better buzz’s riding some gnarly trails.

The chute open part was pretty boring so consider yourself lucky to have gotten more free fall time.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I would have much preferred that to have happened as I was a little underwhelmed by the whole experience.
So what you're saying is, I was LUCKY my parachute didn't open properly... ????....

I think you're right ! ??

Maybe if you jump from 4000 meters and hit 180 mph, that's more of a rush. But you still only get 60 seconds freefall. I think I'd get a much higher sense of speed, adrenalin, fear and fun from 60 seconds on the bike in my usual out of control fashion. Seems like a lot of messing about for 60 seconds of twiddling around like you could do in a swimming pool... In the same time you could have sex twice and a slice of pizza .. ?????

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
So what you're saying is, I was LUCKY my parachute didn't open properly... ????....

I think you're right ! ??

Maybe if you jump from 4000 meters and hit 180 mph, that's more of a rush. But you still only get 60 seconds freefall. I think I'd get a much higher sense of speed, adrenalin, fear and fun from 60 seconds on the bike in my usual out of control fashion. Seems like a lot of messing about for 60 seconds of twiddling around like you could do in a swimming pool... In the same time you could have sex twice and a slice of pizza .. ?????
We did jump from 4km but they only do 45sec freefall as it’s a tandem jump.
I don’t think I’ll be satisfied unless I’m doing 35,00ft jumps with oxygen.
I envy that red bull dude that done the almost space jump.
That would be a proper free fall!

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Yep the servo pies are unreal , such a surprise never buy food in a service station in Australia dried up dimmies and crap , but NZ , Lamb and rosemary pies fresh as and unreal. The roads though in Australia yeah 500 kms be there just after lunch in New Zealand maybe before dark....... cant wait to get back there in March for Crankworxs

Always blow on the pie, though....

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
So many pies, so little time...

5D136C2C-9CC1-44FD-95B7-EBF460CAA0EC.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles