New Wheel set!

Mybrainaches

Jan 27, 2019
Sheffield
My wheels have done a couple of winters, been in the shop to be re tried and well are feeling it a bit I think. What would the collective recommend, mid price, strong, nothing carbon!

Neiljk

Nov 28, 2019
Uk
I run Hope Fortus 30s on mine. Bullet proof DH rim with lovely clicky pro 4 hubs. Just back today from a week in the french alps and they performed faultlessly

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
@Ripping g better following? 511's have a very good rep*, but are expensive compare to other choices. I've order a set of Hope fortus too, as my LBS couldn't locate an DT parts or wheel in stock & looking it, it was a lot cheaper just to go Hope & be done with it. Slightly heavier, but then I mean to stuff an insert into the rear and run heavy tyres, so what the odd 100g between friends. Hope have a great rep for standing by their products, so even if there is issues, they will get sorted.

*I've an original set of 26er Hope Hoops running them! (though now in storage)

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I run Hope Fortus 30s on mine. Bullet proof DH rim with lovely clicky pro 4 hubs. Just back today from a week in the french alps and they performed faultlessly
I thought 35s would be the goto for ebikes.
What size tyres are you using?

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
The stock 2.5 Assegai. The 35 is too wide for that tyre and doesn’t have the reinforcement of the 30
My PowerPlay came with AR35 rims and 2.5 Maxxis tyres. The tyres fit on the rims fine. The rims seem to cope with the beating they receive fine too.

Dave_h34

May 20, 2019
Warwick
18Bikes in Hope, my go to wheel builders. Not necessarily the cheapest but make a really good wheel. I've had a couple of 'Hope Hoops' over the years and generally found them a bit baggy - might be better now, I don't know. Simon bought a few HX531s in after my request. ?

Mybrainaches

Jan 27, 2019
Sheffield
18Bikes in Hope, my go to wheel builders. Not necessarily the cheapest but make a really good wheel. I've had a couple of 'Hope Hoops' over the years and generally found them a bit baggy - might be better now, I don't know. Simon bought a few HX531s in after my request. ?
Cool cheers! Just about 20 mins from me so may have to go and check them out!!

Mybrainaches

Jan 27, 2019
Sheffield
Just had 18 bikes build my wheels! Lovely job! Thanks for the tip! Hope they hold up to my mass!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles