New trail recommendations

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Now that we can travel more I want to try some new trails. Looking for something 20-30k,nothing too crazy trail centre red with a bit of black is fine. Normally ride dalby,hamsterley black,glentress black and red,
Innerleithen red xc,whinlatter. so looking for similar but different based in north east but don’t mind travelling if it’s worth it. Any recommendations

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yair.

it's not a trail centre but piecing together a 20-30k loop with interesting trails isn't difficult.

there's also tons more to Glentress and innerleithen than the official signposted trail centre routes

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Now that we can travel more I want to try some new trails. Looking for something 20-30k,nothing too crazy trail centre red with a bit of black is fine. Normally ride dalby,hamsterley black,glentress black and red,
Innerleithen red xc,whinlatter. so looking for similar but different based in north east but don’t mind travelling if it’s worth it. Any recommendations
Have you been to dalby lately, I haven’t been for a year, how is it, is it really busy.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Was there today the car park near the visitor centre is packed I parked at adderstone field car park which was half empty. They have toilets and a coffee/ice cream van at adderstone now. I prefer starting from there these days.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Criminally overlooked in my opinion ( but I'm biased ) ..have you tried Kielder ?
Mainly red trails but you have Lonesome Pine ,Deadwater & The Osprey Trail ( which in my opinion is a fantastic blue ..flow trail) ..
If you have the skill set there is also a black double diamond grade trail built by Northern Downhill ( NDH ) ..and more than enough to give you 30km of riding ..

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Was there today the car park near the visitor centre is packed I parked at adderstone field car park which was half empty. They have toilets and a coffee/ice cream van at adderstone now. I prefer starting from there these days.
I thought it might be busy, I’ll have to try and get midweek sometime, good tip with adderstone I’ve always just gone straight to the VC carpark

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Dunkeld easily spend a week end up there Loch’o the Lowes loop (scenic) , Birman Hill (Rake & Ruin must do)side of the A9 or Slaters (north side )

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah Dunkeld is an awesome place to ride for sure but a fair trek from the NE of England and most of the trails are a quite a step up in technical difficulty from the general trail centre red/black trails mentioned (massive understatement)

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Criminally overlooked in my opinion ( but I'm biased ) ..have you tried Kielder ?
Mainly red trails but you have Lonesome Pine ,Deadwater & The Osprey Trail ( which in my opinion is a fantastic blue ..flow trail) ..
If you have the skill set there is also a black double diamond grade trail built by Northern Downhill ( NDH ) ..and more than enough to give you 30km of riding ..
I’ll give it a try. Rode it about 13 years ago but not been back since.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I’ll give it a try. Rode it about 13 years ago but not been back since.
A lot has changed in 13 years ..I think you will enjoy it .
The final section on The Deadwater Trail ( Twist & Shout ) is closed at the moment due to felling ..but is to be re-instated ..a shame as I've always thought that this & the last section at Butteryhaugh on the Lonesome Pine Trail were the best sections in the forest ( I will update when work has been completed ) ..
I ride Sat & Monday ..and random evenings ( up there today with The EMF ) if you want someone to show you the best bits ( mix of 3 trails )..which I'm happy to do with a bit of advance notice ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Some good news ..
We were spotted by Russell ( didn't see him) while dropping down the fire road diversion off twist and shout yesterday ..he was working on that section and has been in touch to say it will re-open on 1st May ..?

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Some good news ..
We were spotted by Russell ( didn't see him) while dropping down the fire road diversion off twist and shout yesterday ..he was working on that section and has been in touch to say it will re-open on 1st May ..?
If you had 1 day to do the best bits of keilder what would you ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles