New Tire for 27.5 Decoy. Anyone using a less wide rear tire.

Russ2550

Dec 14, 2019
US
See post #69 (R120) ... Larry Enticer would be proud

EST 5mm difference

FWIW .. you will get used to the pedal strikes ... took me 2 months to adapt, but I rarely strike now (*after destroying a set of flat pedals when the bike was new) :)

It comes down to riding style when choosing high or low BB (I am a low rider). The 2.6 tire in high bb setting would give similar feel .. but still a lot of pedal strikes to get used to (do not worry .. you will get used to it either way ... especially if this is your first e-bike)
Yeah that brought me to my next question reference flipping the shock it into the high settings. Do you have any noticeable difference in the seat angle? I really wish I went for an XL and not an L. With the really steep STA and the really short steerer tube I feel like I’m right over the bars. I got a new fork and I’m hoping it’ll fix that some. It’s my second ebike. I still have my 15’ Haibike Xduro Nduro which the BB sits really high off the ground. It’s. 26”, medium, 180 F/R and sits higher then my Decoy. If it’s only a roughly 5mm drop then 2.6 might be next for me!

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Best bet is purchase a cheep track pump with no gauge and buy a digital tire pressure gauge. Monitor air pressure for performance , adjust and check tire pressure every ride.

Agreed.

I also just purchased the SKS Aircheck (because I'm a data geek) which provides useful real time info. I have it synced to my Garmin Edge and can follow PSI changes throughout the ride.

alleny

Aug 11, 2020
CA
Looking to replace my current OEM 2.8 rear Maxxis. Anyone having luck with a less wide, same width with a different tire brand altogether? Who is having better luck with their new choice or tire?
I am running a 2.6 Schwalbe Eddy Current and it's been great.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles