New Thok MIG 2.0, TK01 Ltd & TK01 Series

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
D72EB0E0-E501-466C-89B7-492FB0327565.jpeg

Not only is it Sam Pilgrims birthday ... SEND IT !!!!

But Thok release 2 new bikes ..

The Thok MIG 2.0

Mig 2.png

And the TH01 Ltd (35 custom units).

TK01LTD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
TK01 LTD (Limited Edition)
The E-MTB we felt the need for…

Thok E-bikes is delighted to present the limited edition of its new e-MTB product line. Previously inexistent on the market, this e-bike blazes a new trail and constitutes a new type of THOK electric mountain bike.

TK01 makes its debut in the Limited-Edition version: no more than 35 pieces will be produced, personalized with the owner’s name and painted and assembled in Italy with “Matt Glossy Black” livery.

Signed by D-Perf by Aldo Drudi, the pluri-awarded Italian designer who has created unique objects and graphic designs – from motorboats to motorbikes, not to mention the original helmets worn by Valentino Rossi and many MotoGP riders - the TK01 is an Enduro e-mtb. As was the case with the MIGs, the engineering of its frame was entrusted to the German engineering firm coordinated by Luca Burzio, an industrial designer driven by his enthusiasm and inside knowledge of the industry.

TK01 is an extremely innovative project that is totally different from the well-known MIG line, a totemic e-mtb which combines the most cutting-edge technologies with new technical solutions applied to the frame.

NEW GEOMETRY FOR TIP TOP PERFORMANCE

TK01 presents a lightweight T4 T6 heat treated 6061 aluminium alloy frame, with hydroformed parts, CNC machining and integrated cables. It introduces a new geometry called TCG Plus (THOK Control Geometry Plus), with an elongated top tube slanting downwards, and also boasts the new 1.8 tapered head-tube standard recently launched on the market. The steering angle is 64.5° while the seat tube is set at 75.5°.

Characterized by a very low standover, the frame of the TK01 has a short chainstay with oversized tubes. The meeting point between the top tube – of “Viper Head” design – and the verticalized down tube confers stiffness to the steering zone. The low centre of gravity, typical of THOK e-MTB, is determined by the 630 Wh battery integrated in the down tube, which has been intentionally verticalized to place it very close to the motor.
The steering zone is revolutionary and quite unique with its latest generation head-tube: the “merge” between the new ÖHLINS RXF38 180 mm fork with 38 mm stems, single crown and the innovative steerer tube in the new oversize standard marks an epoch-making change in the concept of the e-MTB steering zone.

The TCG Plus ensures riding comfort and greater control when engaged in more technical sections, maximum traction on all types of terrain and a safe posture in descent, with plenty of fun and a top performance guaranteed.

SHIMANO E-8000 630Wh MOTOR

The TK01 Limited Edition is the “race-ready” e-Enduro fitted with exclusive components such as the new 180 mm ÖHLINS RXF38 fork, ÖHLINS TTX Air shock absorbers, 12 speed SRAM X01 transmission, Shimano Saint 4-piston brakes and a Race Face carbon handlebar. It has been built around the Shimano E8000 motor with integrated 630Wh battery. The original slanted tube design of the TK01, with its vertical position, incorporates the 630Wh battery. With what effect? Great autonomy, rideability, manoeuvrability and responsiveness in technical pedalling sections, not to mention amazing fun in descent.

The TK01 Limited Edition is fitted with battery and motor cover in lightweight, shock-resistant carbon. There are also two easily detachable polypropylene fins which, as well as serving the purpose of mudguards, facilitate battery cooling.

TPS “THOK PROGRESSIVE SYSTEM” OVERSIZED CHAINSTAY

The tried and tested THOK system of back suspension with dedicated metric and rocker shock absorbers, designed for the e-mtbs of the House brand, offers progressive suspension and, together with an oversize chainstay, ensures, stiffness, excellent manoeuvrability, perfect traction and responsiveness in all conditions.

Particular attention has also been given to the brake system: the innovative THOK DISC MOUNT positions the brake caliper directly onto the frame, without the support of adaptors. In addition to which, the choice of Shimano Saint 4-piston disk brakes with ice technology represent a guarantee.

As far as the wheels are concerned, the TK01 mounts Mavic EXA with differentiated diameter (29”x 30mm front / 27.5”x 35mm back), enabling them to overcome the most demanding obstacles with nonchalance.

Finally, to make motor ignition more convenient and immediate, the “EASY TOUCH” button is placed beneath the top tube, in a protected yet easily accessible position.

The new TK01 LTD is available in the S-M-L-XL sizes. It may be purchased online on www.thokebikes.com or from authorized dealers (Thok Points), at the price of 6,990 Euro.

PRESS RELEASE

TK01 LTD recap:
• Frame/hub spacing: 180 front / 170 back
• Wheels of differentiated diameter: 29” front / 27.5” back
• New 1.8 tapered steerer tube
• Incorporated 630Wh battery
• New TCG “THOK CONTROL GEOMETRY” Plus

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Interesting, lots to like there particularly the neat integrated rear mudguard... Seems unlikely you build a whole new bike to sell only 35 though. I suspect they are testing the market to see the demand for a longer travel, longer and slacker enduro bike (the original MIG and even the 2.0 are relatively conservative by modern standards, at least if you want to impress bike mag reviewers... ;))

Last edited:

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
Interesting bike, can't wait to see Rob try it out hehe :)

sorry @Jaygam I wanted to move your post into this thread without realizing it only contained a picture of the tk01. Anyway, enjoy the discussion.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Great company who put out really well thought out bikes - I suspect production might be limited on the TK01 because I suspect it will be having a ne motor in it come later this year . .

Vas

Nov 23, 2019
Greece
That's what I thought, then saw it was with the e7000 ??
This is very peculiar indeed. My Mig-ST, which is a lower spec and priced ebike, came with e8000. Even more so, the ST is supposed to be a cross country/trail bike (120mm) compared to the more aggressive 2.0. Any thoughts why they've downgraded to e7000?
I've also noticed that they removed the Mig-ST from their site today. :unsure:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
This is very peculiar indeed. My Mig-ST, which is a lower spec and priced ebike, came with e8000. Even more so, the ST is supposed to be a cross country/trail bike (120mm) compared to the more aggressive 2.0. Any thoughts why they've downgraded to e7000?
I've also noticed that they removed the Mig-ST from their site today. :unsure:
It's a bit strange.

The Thok lineup normally covers a good range, purchase wise, without being too complicated and whilst providing great value for money from a reputable brand. I intended to buy a Mig last year, but they must have realised they were dealing with a muppet and didn't reply to my e-mail when I tried to order one, so I bought a Kenevo instead.

The ST offered a great value bike which you could upgrade if you wanted to/needed to in the future.

The new Mig 2.0 - which naming wise suggests something new and special compared to the Mig, should really be called the MIG 0.5

No idea why they went in with the e7000. I was hoping Shimano would drop it and the E8000 would become the base motor and the new EP8 the high flyer. Maybe they bought up a container load of cheap end of line e7000 motors ?

Reactions: Vas

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
It's a bit strange.

The Thok lineup normally covers a good range, purchase wise, without being too complicated and whilst providing great value for money from a reputable brand. I intended to buy a Mig last year, but they must have realised they were dealing with a muppet and didn't reply to my e-mail when I tried to order one, so I bought a Kenevo instead.

The ST offered a great value bike which you could upgrade if you wanted to/needed to in the future.

The new Mig 2.0 - which naming wise suggests something new and special compared to the Mig, should really be called the MIG 0.5

No idea why they went in with the e7000. I was hoping Shimano would drop it and the E8000 would become the base motor and the new EP8 the high flyer. Maybe they bought up a container load of cheap end of line e7000 motors ?

Yeah, it's hardly a new bike. 2.0 is a bit of a silly name.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
That TK01 spec is right up my alley. Dunno why they make it a limited edt? Should add it as a permanent model to their line-up :)

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Special edition is probably a pre-prod run of ## bikes with 35 available to the enthusiasts and influencers

Full prod bike will have near the same spec with some cosmetic changes.

It is a good marketing approach to launch faster in a “controlled availability” mode, do some hi-viz marketing with limited supply, then when CV19 goes away go to full production.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
They are direct sales but have Thok Points in certain countries that act as a contact point for any issues etc - in the uk it is FC UP Sports

I have spoken to them a couple of times (once tried to buy just a frame) and they where super helpful

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Thanks guys, this is very useful. Also, when I emailed THOC, I got a reply that any Shimano dealer can service THOC, which opens up the service network.

The next question is if a local shop would be willing to service an import not sold by them. I had some issues in other countries (not with bicycles though).

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Shimano service centre looks after the shimano bits, you can do the Thok bits.
A guy on here with a MIG emailed Thok about a noisy freehub they sent him an axle, freehub body, and a ratchet ring the next day under warranty, so customer care seems to be taken seriously. I asked on an Italian FB page before I. Ought the bike about costumer care and received positive replies, so here hoping ?It's only 2 weeks now but I'm not counting the days ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@routrax bought a Mig last year in the UK and as you can see, his experiences were all positive !

And an adventure with it, with support from Thok whilst in Europe :

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
They’re not shipping to Scotland yet? but it’s close I check my email hourly ?They are being built in sequence of being ordered

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles