New RideControlOne.. has ANT+ ???

HIGHL4NDER

Jul 10, 2019
Scotland (nr Edinburgh)
just read a review of the 2020 Reign E+ models and found this interesting:
"Giant’s handlebar-mounted RideControl ONE unit is now featuring ANT+ compatibility. Many models like Garmin can show the battery level, some even information like remaining range "

Now as an owner of Garmin tech, and having seen the watch apps someone made for the Levo crew, I was very dissappointed that my RCO doesn't have ANT+.

Anyone know if we will be able to purchase the 2020 version for use with our 2019 bikes? If so, know where, how much? I love the idea of glancing at my watch for remaining range etc and having stats like cadence recorded in my Garmin connect! (data nerd)

Al.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I was screwing around with ANT+ apps on my phone the other day and couldn't find a way to make it useful on my 2019 Fathom E+2 with RideControl one.
Checked for firmware updates as well.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
I've got a lezyne gps watch and if I use btle it links I can read power left cadence and speed if that helps? Didn't even know what btle was til I looked about lol

HIGHL4NDER

Jul 10, 2019
Scotland (nr Edinburgh)
Hi, yes the 2019 ones are BTLE only (which is how they connect to your phone for the app), but the 2020 ones (at least the one on the reign) have ANT+ as well, which is what Garmin watches etc connect with. Kind of hoping the new 2020 ones will be available to purchase for a reasonable sum.

I certainly couldnt get the Fenix 5 to find the 2019 RideControl One, but I know the BTLE works as my phone finds it instantly. If anyone else has paired a Garmin with RC One I'd love to hear how!

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Be interested to know if all the leznye gps devices work also.
Hi yes all leyzyne gps work the same 2 of the lads have the bigger units but I did a ride in hamstley yesterday it read current cadence average cadence speed plus average battery power then all the usual GPS stuff I always use it then syc to strava as its much better than using phone ? cheap to I think about £80.00?

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I have successfully connected my fathom e+2 pro to xplova for speed,cadence and power. But I had to use half radius wheel diameter value to make it show speed more or less accurate. (1150 instead of 2300)

It is a shame that the xplova does not support battery level or miles range readings :)

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
My new 2021 Trance E+ 2 does not have an ANT sticker on it, as i saw older ones had to have, but does anyone know if it will work with ANT devices anyway?

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I was very surprised if it does not… every controller from 2020 has ant+
However the only way to confirm is trying it :)

KlaasNorg

Jul 22, 2021
Netherlands
Just don't try to connect it to a Wahoo device... The ODO meter will be all over the place. Garmin Edge 530 works fantastic. Giving you % battery, estimated km left in the battery, Assist mode, total distance driven, LEV speed, real speed, Cadence, power.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
I confirm, every controler from 2020 has ant+ on board. I've changed controller on my Trance E+2 Pro 2019 to new one (2020), and everything works well with my Garmin Edge 130.
Thanks, does your new one have an ANT logo on it? The sources I've seen say only the controllers with the logo have ANT, but mine does not, even though it is a new bike.

I don't have anything with ANT on to test it and nor does anyone I know, plus we are in a Covid lockdown here with a 5km travel restriction, so Iwant to be sure first before buying a Garmin that will hopefully hook up. Luckily I live underneath a trail network.

So what I really need is someone with a Ride controller that doesn not have an ANT logo on it that does definitely work!

chrisgla

Aug 21, 2021
Gladgow, UK
Has anyone tried ANT+ with an older bike? I have 2016 Giant Road-e+ 1 with Syncdrive Performance, currently Rode Control Evo? I asked Active Sport and they thought it might work but couldn't confirm.
they sell two different ant+ units- 245-FLED28-10 and 245-FLED28-15. One sounds like it's CANbus, not sure about the other...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles