New products we need

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
I don't really care about my own contries stupid laws nevermind others.
I asked if you ever listened to a stereo while driving a vehicle. From your abstinance I guess I already knew the answer.

No, it’s just that nobody cares to argue with a fool that pretends that nobody else knows that a car stereo has a volume adjuster and doesn’t sit atop/within one’s ears.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hmm... Seeing as headphones also have a volume adjuster that does indeed seem a rather foolish argument.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Trust me, having grown up with a deaf family member I derive no personal justification at all from other people's deafness
As for my morals. those are entirely my own and I have no reason to justify them to you or anyone else.

My point is this. Listening to music through headphones which allow you to hear ambient sound is no more dangerous than listening to music through speakers inside a motor vehicle. in either situation the louder the music the less ambient sounds you will be able to hear.
it's not a moral point. it's a common sense one.

Last edited:

tomato paste

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
A kickstand in this situation likely would have prevented that bear encounter, given that the bear would have acknowledged immediately that only a gentleman would take care to balance his bike with a slender metal filament on a highly uneven surface in the middle of the woods. Everyone knows bears are civilized creatures. Only infrequently do they find themselves in dumpsters.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I reckon the bear would have nicked the bike had it been on a kickstand and easy to mount

5A9A.gif

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
If I'm riding on my own I often use Jabra ear buds.
There's a 'hear through' mode so you can hear outside noise, not that there's much outside noise on the Moors where I mostly ride.
Wearing them also means that I can take calls without stopping or getting mud and sheep sh1t on my phone.

I find that listening to music makes me ride harder, or rather it seems to take away the psychological part of fatigue somehow, so when the thighs are burning a bit I can just push on.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
A kickstand in this situation likely would have prevented that bear encounter, given that the bear would have acknowledged immediately that only a gentleman would take care to balance his bike with a slender metal filament on a highly uneven surface in the middle of the woods. Everyone knows bears are civilized creatures. Only infrequently do they find themselves in dumpsters.
I’ve frequented this fellow a number of times. Almost rode into him on trails, had a staring contest and lost, changed my route because it suddenly became his route. I hope he recognizes that I mean him no harm. I give him a very wide berth, and so do others. Thankfully, or hopefully, his offsprings have the same disposition he has. He’s not aggressive …he just doesn’t care, and his size gives him that persona. But he is an opportunist.

Which brings me to the latest technology. Since I’m upgrading my iwatch and moving to cellular, so I can leave the iPhone at home, I may consider the iPod pro’s. Firstly it could rid me of a tune which is going’s round and round in my head thanks to Gord Downey Jr. of theTragically Hip and resurrected by a Netflix series I began watching (Anne with an E). Since my hearing is not that good, or I simply hear what I want to hear, I’ve confused some lyrics in this song. Specifically; “your ahead by a century” with “your an anti-centric”. When I say it fast it starts to make sense. In my confusion I re-defined “anti centric”. I thought the author would use anti centric rather than excentric (which I thought meant; different than others. This made sense because the story is about Anne, who is eccentric. I believed the writer, Gord Downey, twisted the wording to “ your an anti-centric”, which kinda made sense to me given that the character in Anne with an E was…different.

Now the rock group, “The Tragically Hip”, and the story, “Anne of green gables “ are both Canadian icons.
Wait …I digress.
A new set of iPod pros could have avoided some of these issues. I can only hope that they will implement a proximity sensor into iPod pro’s eventually or I’ll have to make friends with a bear. ?

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Maybe 200g. I think the shocks can take it. Most people on Earth won't really notice a difference. Let's be honest, it will probably be lighter than a Bosch motor controller.
My car - a Skoda - comes with an umbrella slid into a slot in the front door and a (goggles) scraper in the fuel filler door thingy.
Perhaps we should add these to this list of built-in lightweight essential eeb kit ….?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles