New old rider.

Oldcrank

Jan 5, 2020
Albuquerque NM
Glad to have found the forum.
I have been a bike rider for decades. Since I was six!
My bride of 54 years & I decided that a bit of ‘help’ up the hills would be a very good thing. So.....
Ordered 2 Giant Stance +2
I have miles of hilly dirt single trail out my back door that need some exploration.
And need bikes to go with a travel trailer,
too.
Excited to be here and will ask lots of questions.
(how to get started going up a hill?)
Many Thanks!

E163FEED-F7F9-477B-835B-BC5BCEDEF929.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
How to get started going up a hill?
Same as when you are on a clockwork bike. Engage the gear you would normally for the steepness of the terrain. Choose the lowest mode setting and go! If you quickly realise that you made the wrong gear choice (ie not easy enough), change to a higher power mode whilst still under full pedal pressure. Once you have built enough speed, drop a gear and then drop the power mode when you feel the time is right, or stay in the same power mode, as you wish.

Very quickly you will establish for yourself what gear/power combo is appropriate, but the trick of changing mode instead of changing gear is a good one. :)

Last edited:

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
How to get started going up a hill?
Same as when you are on a clockwork bike. Engage the gear you would normally for the steepness of the terrain. Choose the lowest mode setting and go! If you quickly realise that you made the wrong gear choice (ie not easy enough), change to a higher power mode whilst still under full pedal pressure. Once you have built enough speed, drop a gear and then drop the power mode when you feel the time is right, or stay in the same power mode, as you wish).

Very quickly you will establish for yourself what gear/power combo is appropriate, but the trick of changing mode instead of changing gear is a good one. :)

Or you do it like my missus... right leg over the bike with the pedal at 6 o'clock and then girlie scoot a 25kg bike up hill with your left leg. On getting to approximately 1 mph, hop into the saddle and only to find you've forgotten to turn the motor on... :rolleyes:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles