New Mission Control features

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Anyone experiment with changing smart control settings mid-ride? Say you started a ride and set duration, distance, remaining elevation, etc. but at some point decided to keep going. Do you change the settings to what you think is remaining or to the new totals as if you are just starting out?

For instance, I start a 20 mile ride. 15 miles in I a take a detour that'll add 10 miles making it now 30 miles total. Do I update to the new distance of 30 or the 15 remaining?

Per my experience yesterday, 15 miles is correct but my detail-oriented personality noticed that only the elevation setting is prefixed with "remaining" (Remaining Elevation).

@Specialized Rider Care Any words of wisdom?

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I tried to connect a second bike but mission control will only let me if i click yes to deleting old bike from account. What am i missing?

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
All - Mission Control 2.2.1 just released. Here's a quick summary of new features: -

• Komoot Integration - Users can connect their Komoot account to Mission Control.
  • Strava Improvements - Users have the ability to connect and disconnect more easily to their Strava accounts.
  • Smart Control Improvements - Riders using Heart Rate Control have the ability to set a minimum support level.
  • “My Bikes” New Design - Users now have the ability to clearly see whether their bikes are: connecting | connected | disconnected. This is extremely useful for those riders who have connected or own multiple bikes.
  • In-app Help Guide - When users click the (?) button, they can now view an in-app help guide with explanations on the key terms and features related to the individual screens inside of the app.
Additionally there were some languages added and bug-fixes, including one where SMART control cut-off prematurely in specific circumstances.

Last edited:

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hi,
I did try today with an iPhone XS and also a Samsung Galaxy S10 to update my TCD with the latest Mission Control App 2.2.1.

But it just connects and disconnects every second. But an Update was not possible. Is this a Software or a layer 8 problem?
I did a video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8vKoPkj7sT6UqsbW8

Hi @crazymelki - updating the TCD via Mission Control isn't possible right now (it isn't possible by any method yet just for clarity). We may enable this - stay tuned.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I tried to connect a second bike but mission control will only let me if i click yes to deleting old bike from account. What am i missing?
i answered my own question. I deleted the old version and installed the 221. I do get a couple errrors when switching between bikes but it seems to run once you restart it

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi @Specialized Rider Care ,

I've previously had connection drop out when trying smart control, previously I've always assumed this is from when I've got off the bike and presumably moved too far away and then noticed it's dropped the connection next time I've checked my phone.

My last couple of rides, both short, I've just used it to record my ride, but on both occasions it's only recorded part of the ride, stopped and not continued. Strava was running in parallel.

After the smart control issues I changed it to "auto start active" in the hope this would auto re-connect, but it doesn't seem to.

Any ideas ?

Levo 05671 - 2019 Kenevo 1.3 Expert.

MC 2.2.1 Build 56

Motorola G5 Plus

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
the old version of the ap worked with my 2019 levo
i updated the ap now it's a shitshow, lucky if i can keep it open long enough to adjust support levels, forget about ride mapping etc
works perfect with sl

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Hi @Specialized Rider Care ,

I've previously had connection drop out when trying smart control, previously I've always assumed this is from when I've got off the bike and presumably moved too far away and then noticed it's dropped the connection next time I've checked my phone.

My last couple of rides, both short, I've just used it to record my ride, but on both occasions it's only recorded part of the ride, stopped and not continued. Strava was running in parallel.

After the smart control issues I changed it to "auto start active" in the hope this would auto re-connect, but it doesn't seem to.

Any ideas ?

Levo 05671 - 2019 Kenevo 1.3 Expert.

MC 2.2.1 Build 56

Motorola G5 Plus

about a week ago, I had issues with Mission Control disconnecting from my Levo mid ride. This happened randomly. So I started from scratch. I deleted MC from my phone. Then downloaded fresh from the App Store. I also disconnected the Levo from my Bluetooth settings on the phone. “Forget this device”.
Then after reinstalling the app, I added a new bike, and reconnected via Bluetooth. Now MC seems to be working correctly in all functions and not dropping the connection.
We’ll see if it lasts....

crazymelki

Feb 25, 2020
Switzerland
Hi @crazymelki - updating the TCD via Mission Control isn't possible right now (it isn't possible by any method yet just for clarity). We may enable this - stay tuned.
So...there was some work in the background... I did see, that the feature for the TCD update is implemented and up and running
IMG_5840.png

IMG_5841.png
IMG_5838.png

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I used this feature on the MC iPhone app to update mine earlier in the week...it required entering the pairing code that was temporarily displayed on the TCD.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles