New Mission Control features

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
I have a Wahoo Heart Monitor and have followed your directions to pair it with MC. I have my bluetooth on and the monitor does not show up under devices in MC. It does show up under my bluetooth on my phone. Is there something else I can do to get it to sync up with MC? Thanks!
I was able to get the Wahoo to work by forgetting the device and reloading it. I also removed the Wahoo App and did not add it back. I just connected the Wahoo up to Bluetooth then it showed up on my device menu in MC.

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
I have a Wahoo Tickr - it works fine with MC. The way I got it to work was NOT to pair it to the phone - just remove it from the phone. Wear the Tickr, ensure Bluetooth is on (on the phone) DO NOT PAIR, start MC, let's ride, Smart Control, Heart Rate and bingo that should be that. Took me a while to figure it out - but its the same setup as my Garmin Fenix 5 to my phone. Hope that helps.
Too funny... I basically kept playing with it and did basically what you recommended. Great minds work alike! Thank you!

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
@Specialized Rider Care
Are you planning also to add regulation of motor support depending on measured leg power by the bike? I think for many people that would be way easier to set up then HR based motor power because no need to pair any HR sensor and the power sensor is already in the bike.

Thanks @beutelfuchs - not that I know of but have forwarded your suggestion to our Connectivity team.

ThierryGTLTS

Feb 17, 2020
Belgium
@Specialized Rider Care

Good Day,

I like the Presets in of the version 2.2.0.
But I hope that for the future version we will not need to be connected to save them, because in some areas, we have no network.
And I'm sure I'm not alone!
Of course, I know it's to improve the App that you do that, but you can have access to the presets next time we connect.

So please allow us to save the Presets without connection.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Great news. Hoping it will work with 2018 levo

@Jon05 - sadly the Levo/Kenevo without TCU will never be updateable via the app. We need a certain amount of processing power/memory on the bike to manage the update :confused:. Sorry about that - but your retailer will still be able to help you out with updates in store for years to come(y)

Kpmnd85

Feb 13, 2020
Austin, TX
Thanks @beutelfuchs - not that I know of but have forwarded your suggestion to our Connectivity team.

Perhaps this function already exist but I only see HR threshold in the Smart HR section...

Could we get both a "Power Threshold" setting with an "HR Threshold" setting in the Smart HR set up?

The heart's reaction to leg power increase has a significant lag time. The result is that you do not see the % support increase until HR has increased dramatically. Coupling the heart rate control with the measured leg power under the smart heart rate control would be ideal. As the smart heart rate control seems to work today, they are uncoupled.

By adding a user defined "Power Threshold" with "HR Threshold" the algorithm could ramp the support on a more "as needed" basis if either threshold is approached or surpassed. In effect, the "Power Threshold" would intelligently (via immediate leg power input) add support.

Otherwise the choice becomes to stay in Smart HR and go into the anaerobic zone or switch out of smart HR control.

I'd be happy to discuss with algorithm team.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Not sure if I'm being stupid with this but I can't seem to work out how to get it to pick up my Garmin watch as a sensor is this doable?

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
Not sure if I'm being stupid with this but I can't seem to work out how to get it to pick up my Garmin watch as a sensor is this doable?

You are not being stupid. I can tell you I tried several different heart monitors such as wahoo and CooSpoo and had very poor Intermittent connections. However I used the one my wife has that she got from a gym she belongs to and it syncs right up with little to no trouble at all and works perfectly. I don’t know what to tell you about a Garman watch I just know that somethings seem to connect much easier than others and I’m not sure why.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Perhaps this function already exist but I only see HR threshold in the Smart HR section...

Could we get both a "Power Threshold" setting with an "HR Threshold" setting in the Smart HR set up?

The heart's reaction to leg power increase has a significant lag time. The result is that you do not see the % support increase until HR has increased dramatically. Coupling the heart rate control with the measured leg power under the smart heart rate control would be ideal. As the smart heart rate control seems to work today, they are uncoupled.

By adding a user defined "Power Threshold" with "HR Threshold" the algorithm could ramp the support on a more "as needed" basis if either threshold is approached or surpassed. In effect, the "Power Threshold" would intelligently (via immediate leg power input) add support.

Otherwise the choice becomes to stay in Smart HR and go into the anaerobic zone or switch out of smart HR control.

I'd be happy to discuss with algorithm team.
Did you already try BLEvo with Smart Power? It does what you want..

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
Gidday,

I am using the MC App quite a lot to record my rides. Is there some hope for Komoot integration or gpx file export?

Cheers,

Greg

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Does anyone have problems to connect with iphone11?
It takes multiple attemps to connect with my ip11.
@Specialized Rider Care

Sorry to hear @TomH79 - can you try the following: -

- Delete the bike from your Mission Control pairing list
- Delete the bike from your Bluetooth pairing list
- Factory Reset the TCU (2019 Specialized Turbo Levo info and FAQ - EMTB Forums)
- Restart your iPhone
- Pair again using Mission Control.

If this doesn't help then a bike firmware update or (failing that) a TCU replacement would be our advice.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Had a little scare today, tried the HR mode. As the monitor connected and I turned the mode on, the TCU lights went from trail mode to the top 2 lights (left and right) came on and the eco (bottom) light went out. I thought the worst and turned everything off and back on, same thing happened, I didn't notice that when I tried it before, but it turns out thats what the lights do when using HR mode.

ThierryGTLTS

Feb 17, 2020
Belgium
@Specialized Rider Care

Good Day,

I'm not sure you've read my message of the Feb 17, 2020.

But I hope that for the future version we will not need to be connected to save them, because in some areas, we have no network.
Of course, I know it's to improve the App that you do that, but you can have access to the presets next time we connect.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
@Specialized Rider Care

Good Day,

I'm not sure you've read my message of the Feb 17, 2020.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
You don't need internet connection to save your changes, just bluetooth with your bike.Or do I miss something?

ThierryGTLTS

Feb 17, 2020
Belgium
You don't need internet connection to save your changes, just bluetooth with your bike.Or do I miss something?
Sorry, but you need to be connected to save preset!
Try without connection, and you'll see the error message.
It's annoying, because here we don't have network everywhere.
And I think I'm not alone.
Thierry

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
The sole reason why I ditched MC from the very beginning. The fact that Specialized wants to look over your shoulder all the time when you are interacting with your bike is a big no go for me.

I simply HATE this “Big brother” surveillance!!

Karsten

Enon

Aug 4, 2019
Uk
The sole reason why I ditched MC from the very beginning. The fact that Specialized wants to look over your shoulder all the time when you are interacting with your bike is a big no go for me.

I simply HATE this “Big brother” surveillance!!

Karsten

Like it or not, this is how Specialized (or any company that runs it's own dedicated e-bike app) make better e-bikes for you to ride. I'm pretty sure Specialized wouldn't have made the Levo SL without the data from MC. The next generation Levo will be better due to data gathered from MC. Don't most people agree Specialized's software integration is better compared to other brands? You get my point.....

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
You get my point.....

Actually I don’t.......

A respectful company would give the end user the option to turn it off!

BTW is this actually legal up against GDRP within EU?

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles