new member, new decisions

Chieftain

Jun 23, 2019
plymouth
hello there new to emtb's. have test ridden a few and have a few more to test, like the look of the YT and have a local spes dealer so will be testing a Levo have ruled out Bosch as the resistance doesn't feel good to me past assistance. Want learn to do decent jumps and get better riding trails plus exploring the moors.

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hi, I’m new to emtb’s too - just a note on the Bosch bikes, apparently the new 2020 model doesn’t have any resistance after the motor cuts out so if you’re looking at the new models you don’t have to discount the Bosch’s anymore. I know the Focus bikes for 2020 have the new ones in (I had discounted them as well for the same reasons).
Cheers

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
hello there new to emtb's. have test ridden a few and have a few more to test, like the look of the YT and have a local spes dealer so will be testing a Levo have ruled out Bosch as the resistance doesn't feel good to me past assistance. Want learn to do decent jumps and get better riding trails plus exploring the moors.
I'm in a similar position to you and the advice I've been given is having a good dealer local is probably the most important part of buying a emtb.e-bikes are fairly new and the technology is improving all the time but there can be problems with batteries and motors that a good dealer can sort out in a day or two that might take a direct sales company a lot longer.
The new Bosch motor sounds good with little to no resistance.
whyte are bringing out a couple of emtbs soon that have a Bosch motor and if there anything like there normal bikes will be worth a look but you cant go wrong with a levo if you have a good dealer nearby.

Chieftain

Jun 23, 2019
plymouth
I'm in a similar position to you and the advice I've been given is having a good dealer local is probably the most important part of buying a emtb.e-bikes are fairly new and the technology is improving all the time but there can be problems with batteries and motors that a good dealer can sort out in a day or two that might take a direct sales company a lot longer.
whyte are bringing out a couple of emtbs soon that have a Bosch motor and if there anything like there normal bikes will be worth a look but you cant go wrong with a levo if you have a good dealer nearby.
The technical side of it isn’t really an issue it’s more that for the money and the point of the ebike is to fit in a fun ride when you have time. I don’t want to be fixing it I just want to ride it. The YT looks like a stonking deal but I don’t want to be stuck at the end of a phone if there is an issue. Bikes in genral have gotten ridiculous in price and ebikes are at the top of this tree but I’m willing to pay my money as life is to short to miss out on having a good time.

Chieftain

Jun 23, 2019
plymouth
What bikes are you looking at, and apart from dealer support why are they on your radar.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
What bikes are you looking at, and apart from dealer support why are they on your radar.
The levo is at the top of my list I’ve demoed it a lot on various terrain from tech stuff to flowy Xc type riding and it is excellent also the mission control app is very good and this is the bike I’ll most likely get but I’m also looking at the new whyte.the spec on the whyte and the fact it has a 625wh battery and is a bit cheaper than a levo comp make it a contender but need to see it in the flesh .i was interested in the trek powerfly lt7 as its on sale at a good price and gets good reviews but uses the older Bosch motor so will give that a miss.trek have a new model soon so will have a look at that too.
bosch are starting to roll out charging points at trail centres in the uk which I like,you can ride ride for a couple of hours on turbo,charge your battery while having lunch then ride some more later without the need to buy another battery.

AndyH

Jun 23, 2019
Portsmouth
The levo is at the top of my list I’ve demoed it a lot on various terrain from tech stuff to flowy Xc type riding and it is excellent also the mission control app is very good and this is the bike I’ll most likely get but I’m also looking at the new whyte.the spec on the whyte and the fact it has a 625wh battery and is a bit cheaper than a levo comp make it a contender but need to see it in the flesh .i was interested in the trek powerfly lt7 as its on sale at a good price and gets good reviews but uses the older Bosch motor so will give that a miss.trek have a new model soon so will have a look at that too.
bosch are starting to roll out charging points at trail centres in the uk which I like,you can ride ride for a couple of hours on turbo,charge your battery while having lunch then ride some more later without the need to buy another battery.
I looked at a cube stereo 140 and Trek and Spesh Turbo Levo- I bought the levo. It is an outstanding piece of kit.... and I agree on the Mission Control app.... However, whatever you get I am sure you will love!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles