New Levo owner, what to change?

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
I'd upload a piccy of my Ali Comp but as it's standard except for a Muddy Mary front tyre & a 700wh battery (but you can't see that), so you all know what they look like.. I'll watch Rob latest video on the Levo in a while but what do current Levo owners recommend as must do upgrades? (useful upgrades, not splashing cash for the sake of it) Bearing in mind I've come from a Lyrik forks, my heart says buy another set, but I'm not convinced it's an essential, until I've at least run the Rev's for a while.
Wheels? I'm thinking some tougher H1700's.
Some sort of guard for the motor?
I love Guide RE's so no need to change those in my book, but what if anything else?

PS: Shout out to Richard @ RaceCo for finding an XL for me and doing a deal.

Last edited:

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
grips saddle and I put a Hillbilly on the front.

perhaps I'm not hardcore enough but I find the rest (on my Carbon Comp) OK. any limits are me not the bike.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
I'm on the same bike in XL. I'd recommend Inserts in the tyres - I've got Cush Core front and back and can run 20F/24R no trouble at 120kg.
You'll probably feel the difference in the forks, but I'm happy enough with them for my type of riding (likewise the rear shock).

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Interesting to hear that no ones too negative about the OEM spec’d parts, sorry yes I swapped the grips already, & was just trying the saddle before changing it to my preferred Gobi. I’d thought the wheels didn’t have the best rep? No ones too bothered about a down tube/motor guard? (On the Ali version)
Though a rear mudguard is still worthwhile, even with the additional rear motor covers? Interesting
Tyre inserts, I’ll have an investigate, thanks

Surprisingly my shockwiz hasn’t been freaking out, telling me the forks are all over the place. It came back nearly all green across the board on the 2nd ride. Still want a Lyrik though ;)

Yes I will ride it & replace as needed, but getting ahead of a major issue (wheels are my worry) before it stops the bike working, & any worthwhile upgrade (guards) was my real interest, so thanks all

Last edited:

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
I also put protection tape on the down tube for rock strikes - a layer of thin gloss clear tape first that cover the whole area (bk stickers) and then All Mountain Style XL in black over the clear. Also used some on the top tube and other cable rub points.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Invisiframed from new, I’m a big fan of the stuff, my 4 year old Evil still looks lovely

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Frame protection and a DIY rear mudguard plus endura front mudguard and a different saddle. Everything else works fine.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
haha I'm always too impatient for Invisiframe, and tend to think a bike's a bike, go ride it. My 4 year old Evil looks .... ridden.

I know what your saying, and my e-sommet bears the scars to that type of thinking, but as I had the e-sommet to ride in the meantime, and I appreciate how good my Evil still looks, I went with the invisiframe.

Rob in a field

Jul 10, 2019
UK
Base spec Alu Levo

Upgrades straight out of the box:
  • Lyrik forks - Have these on my normal bike and they really are the best, If you have the cheaper damper models (Yari or Revelation) its well worth upgrading to the Charger 2, on rough stuff the difference is night and day. Personally prefer Rockshox over the more bling Fox Kit
  • Saint Brakes - always been a Shimano brake kind of guy
  • BrandX Dropper - why does the base spec model not come with one?!
  • Grips - just prefer super soft death grips
All the fun for less of the cost ;)

If anyone wants some unused Sektors or Level T brakes please shout . . . .

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Any one know any good deals on lyriks
The 'internet' seems to suggest buying Yari's and adding a charger damper of some flavour, and other than skf seals (can be done at future service) & some fancy oil, you've a lyrik, with yari stickers... Seems a little too good to be true but I'm liking the idea.

D

Deleted member 4988

Mines fitted (y)

CA79A9FB-DB34-47D0-96BC-63F23D50B05C.jpg

Rob in a field

Jul 10, 2019
UK
The 'internet' seems to suggest buying Yari's and adding a charger damper of some flavour, and other than skf seals (can be done at future service) & some fancy oil, you've a lyrik, with yari stickers... Seems a little too good to be true but I'm liking the idea.

This is what I have on my normal bike, had Yari's for a year until I borrowed a bike with Lyriks, on really rough ground the charger 2 damper is noticeably better, at places like Bike Park Wales I really noticed a difference in hand/arm pump. Upgraded the Yari's with the new damper and a longer travel air spring, cost £330 fitted as part of a lower leg service at my LBS.

For my Levo build just went straight to Lyriks as managed to get some 2019 spec in red for £630 from Wiggle (all gone now :()

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles