New Levo...I now ride like I did 20 years ago!

rockcypher

Jan 28, 2020
USA
Thank you specialized. Last year I bought a 2019 Stumpjumper expert carbon and I love it, I was really enjoying it....but, I kept seeing Levo’s out on my local trails and decided to go over to the dark side as my riding buddies call it. Picked up a 2019 expert in storm gray. I’ve gotten 2 rides in so far and am cleaning things easily that would really have taken it out of me on the stumpy. I can’t wait for summer to get out on high altitude trails in CO. Best part, since both bikes are storm gray, the wifey hasn’t caught on yet ?. As I said, it’s like the clock has been turned back, the mind is still willing, but now the body can follow on epic adventures without totally draining me. This is what ebikes are all about in my opinion, I’m not in my 30’s any longer, but will now be able to enjoy the trails I know and love. Really pleased with bike and that I’m still tired after a ride and know I’ve ridden farther and harder than I would have otherwise. Cheers.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Can't agree more.

My MTB rides used to be:
Ride, Climb, Rest, Ride, Climb, Rest, Ride, Climb, Rest, Ride, Climb, Rest

Now EMTB ride is:
Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Rest
Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Keep on grinning

Funny too, I now chuckle when I pass spots I used to commonly stop at and take a rest, but now I just pedal on past.......

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
I am right there with you! It is a game changer for me as well. I am 57 years old and feel like I can now ride like I use to. In fact I more or less stopped riding for a while because the climbing was taking way too much out of me. I know there are plenty of guys like me that are still doing it. I just don’t have the time to devote to getting back into that kind of shape. I am hoping that my new Levo will get me there in time ...

Weds

Aug 9, 2019
Kent
I am right there with you! It is a game changer for me as well. I am 57 years old and feel like I can now ride like I use to. In fact I more or less stopped riding for a while because the climbing was taking way too much out of me. I know there are plenty of guys like me that are still doing it. I just don’t have the time to devote to getting back into that kind of shape. I am hoping that my new Levo will get me there in time ...

I'm in the same boat.. In my mid 60's and more or less given up riding with my MTB club, a friend lent me his Ebike for a ride and I was hooked. Bought a Levo the following week, it knocked 20 years off me. No billy no mates at the back of the climbs I'm with all them youngsters at the front now...

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
This is why I finally bought mine, while I could still make the climbs and for the most part, keep up with people half my size it was taking so much out of me that I wasn't really enjoying it and the rest of my day was shot as I tried to recover. 10 years ago it didn't take a toll on me keeping up with the same people at my same size but these past two years I really noticed the change in how my body handled it.

Now that I have my Levo I am back to enjoying the rides and the best part enjoying the rest of my day and not feeling like I got the crap knocked out of me.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Can't agree more.

My MTB rides used to be:
Ride, Climb, Rest, Ride, Climb, Rest, Ride, Climb, Rest, Ride, Climb, Rest

Now EMTB ride is:
Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Rest
Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Ride, Climb, Keep on grinning

Funny too, I now chuckle when I pass spots I used to commonly stop at and take a rest, but now I just pedal on past.......

Last summer, when I'd finished building my San Andreas I took it for a ride round the block. 3.7 miles of mainly backstreets with a 1/2 mile bit of farm track. Maybe no more than 20 metres of climbing. 3 stops for breath / break. Just under an hour.
Admittedly, the San An is set up as a 2000's DH bike so awful to ride "XC" but still.

November 2019 and I got my Levo, an hour's full XC at Sutton Bank with one stop and a feeling I was able to ride again. I'm aware its helping me of course, and that if I push it too far I will be left in trouble with little way out as very nearly happened at Sutton Bank, but at least I have the maturity now to not put myself at risk too much.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Welcome to the team. I'm in my 60s and had the same experience with my 2018 TL CC. On Eco it takes 10 years off you, on Trail, it takes off 20, on Turbo it takes off 30. It's a time machine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles