new kenevo issues

dixie

Apr 16, 2019
isle of wight
my new kenevo fitted with a s works non tilt dropper which has 3 inches of free play when seat is at its lowest to 3 inches raised as in i can lift n lower it by hand without usin the lever

both wheels have a wierd tick tick tick tick when im on the bike either peddling or freewheeling its not the fee hub pawls

also did 1.3 km in turbo on rrd used 13% battery not too impressed coming off a bosch

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
my new kenevo fitted with a s works non tilt dropper which has 3 inches of free play when seat is at its lowest to 3 inches raised as in i can lift n lower it by hand without usin the lever

both wheels have a wierd tick tick tick tick when im on the bike either peddling or freewheeling its not the fee hub pawls

also did 1.3 km in turbo on rrd used 13% battery not too impressed coming off a bosch

Definitely coming from the wheels and the battery isn't a little loose in the frame?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Take it back and get the dropper sorted and the ticking noise sorted, they are clearly warranty issues.

How much climb did you do in your 1.3km? How heavy are you? Is it the comp or the expert?

There are lots of factors that affect how much battery you use. The only time I have run out of battery on my kenevo, I did 29km with 1100m of climb in 90 minutes, all the climb was in 100%/100% turbo, all the descending was in 15% eco. I am a 75kg rider with the 504w battery in the expert.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest

The tick tick sounds might come from one or multiple loose spokes or a loose valve. But both of your problems don't make me very confident about your local bike store... doesn't look like they've did one single short testride with your bike??

And check your motor and battery firmware - regarding your other two problems your lbs probably hasn't updated it to the latest version which is very much recommended.

Last edited:

dixie

Apr 16, 2019
isle of wight
Im 90kg in my gear....climb...nothing v steep
Dropper....well ots off a s works...as i didnt want a tilt seat...its not got any " fixed" positions for the 1st 3" of rise from the lowest position...its free to move up n down in a 3 " section....then just after the 3" mark it clicks imto a fixed position....in those 3" it feels like metal on metal grindy .
Spokes feel tight
Battery in tight
Bile shop is a good un.
Im defo not naming.
Oh and front disc is a wee bit warped..n chiming

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles