New eMtb rider in Orange County, California needing brake advice

NGreen

Mar 15, 2019
Orange County, California
Hello! Been riding a 2017 Fantic XF1 for a few months now. Absolutely love it! On longer descents I’m noticing brake fade mainly from the rear. The front rotor is 200mm but the rear is 180mm. The bike came with a sram set up. I think it’s pretty entry level. I’m new to the sport so I don’t have a lot of knowledge on the parts. I would like to upgrade the rear rotor to 200mm if possible. Would all that take is a new rotor and some spacers?

Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to getting to know y’all on the forum.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Hello! Been riding a 2017 Fantic XF1 for a few months now. Absolutely love it! On longer descents I’m noticing brake fade mainly from the rear. The front rotor is 200mm but the rear is 180mm. The bike came with a sram set up. I think it’s pretty entry level. I’m new to the sport so I don’t have a lot of knowledge on the parts. I would like to upgrade the rear rotor to 200mm if possible. Would all that take is a new rotor and some spacers?

Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to getting to know y’all on the forum.
Yes a 200mm rotor would definitely help. You could add spacers or change out the adapter.
If you would like a free consultation, come see me Saturday at my shop
Orange Cycle
210 S Glassell st
Orange CA
714-351-0305

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles