New chain Whyte E150-rs

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
In the not to distant future I’m gonna need a new chain for my Whyte E150-rs, the one it came with has some stretch after doing nearly 900 miles in two months, is this normal because I thought it would be quite a bit longer before needing changing, anyway I’d like to get a new chain before it needs replacement so an opinion on what chain to buy would be great please, would a more expensive one than the standard one fitted be a good thing, my bike is Sram 12 speed with X01 derailier, thanks in advance

Sean

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Oh right, is this one of those things about Emtb’s then, ie trashing chains in no time at all, I’m not bothered about having to buy another chain so quickly I was asking just in case it was a fault on my bike, the cassette seems ok, gear changing is still smooth, quick and quiet and the teeth don’t seem to have the characteristic shark fin shaped profiles indicating wear or am I wrong about this assumption, I thought I’d get a response to buy an expensive chain not a cheap one ?but if you say the cheaper ones are best then that’ll do for me, thanks mate ?

Sean

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles