New Bosch CX Motor Refresh Kit (EMBN) <3 <3 <3

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
This (rather good) EMBN video introduced something I don't remember anyone mentioning on these forums: A refresh kit for Bosch CX motors.

This is awesome news, assuming we can readily get hold of the kits.

It looks like a much easier self-service (or shop-service) than using 3rd party baring kits, because the Bosch kit replaces a bunch of parts in one go. You also get a warranty on the refresh kit!

No more worrying about what happens after you Bosch motor's original warranty runs out :)

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
what about the non-drive side bearing?

Sounds like half a job.
We now offer a full kit that does the lot, We have added all the missing bearings and seals to a Bosch service kit and sell it as a Service kit + (plus all the bits you need :). This does make overhauling the motor a lot easier and faster. Bosch motor service repair kit + -

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
We now offer a full kit that does the lot, We have added all the missing bearings and seals to a Bosch service kit and sell it as a Service kit + (plus all the bits you need :). This does make overhauling the motor a lot easier and faster. Bosch motor service repair kit + -

Would love to see a video of this new kit in action. Your original video using your bearings was very informative but looked like more work than I can handle (no shop press). I assume using the Bosch kit as a starter helps a lot?

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Would love to see a video of this new kit in action. Your original video using your bearings was very informative but looked like more work than I can handle (no shop press). I assume using the Bosch kit as a starter helps a lot?
I did a video for fitting the Bosch kit The other bearings required can be changed using basic tools and a vice if necessary. Care must be taken not to distort the aluminium transfer gear holder though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles