New Booster Battery system compatible with all major motor brands

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Just seen this - they look by far the best/neatest soloution I have seen to date., and the first I have seen compatiblenwith the Shimano system

Boost-Set von e-Booz: Mehr Reichweite durch Zusatzakku –

Appear to be an Italian company

e-Booz

78AFE6CA-3B1A-4970-8769-50BB10F54F5F.jpeg

585A87EE-7937-40D2-9257-C172125A32B2.jpeg

3F503E7D-2F08-4595-9744-3F518F7B0266.jpeg

FE52D6E7-0991-470F-9307-53ECB75E9182.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
probably not... there's a fair bit of electronic voodoo magic going on inside OEM external batteries like the E8000 use too. From the description it sounds like the shimano option needs a coupling added internally to the motor/wiring (fairly easily fitted I'd have thought)
talking of which. it'd be nice if someone made a battery extender in an aesthetically pleasing low profile case that piggybacked onto an E8000 battery case or simply a whole new (slightly bigger) 700/750wh battery that fitted the same external couplings or is that just me? (there's nowhere nice to fit a bottle cage on my bike)

Ps. dry your eyes Dom. The E-sommet won't need a Bosch extender ;)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It’s possible that they got wind of the new motor and decided to wait before developing a Bosch system until they could confirm compatibility.

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
“If you want to increase the range of your e-bike, you can now find a possible solution in the boost kit from e-Booz. The premium-processed additional batteries are covered with an impact-resistant aluminum and magnesium shell, which is provided with a large-scale laser engraving. Currently the Boost-Set is available in two sizes (250 & 370 Wh) and the special charger is included in the purchase. On the battery there is a readable LCD display, which indicates the state of charge of the battery. The boost set from E-Booz is simply placed in the bottle cage. For those who are not confident in the installation of the connection cable, the company offers the possibility to carry out the assembly in the factory in Bolzano (50 € will be charged extra for this).”

A Battery simply placed in a bottle cage ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes, and there are now 4 or 5 similar systems out there, and have been for a while, but this looks to be one of the neater ones

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
The Bosch booster has been in testing for 3 months now. Module design is next on the list.
Thank you for your interest.

Reactions: Dax

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
A Battery simply placed in a bottle cage ?
Don't think Bottle Cages (and their fixtures) are made to withstand that - surely they must be heavier than water? I also think some zip-ties would best be used, given the amount of bottles I see lying around on rough trails..

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Trailwatts tested cages and mounting systems. Elite cages from Italy are very strong. I do not want batteries ejected so a strap is provided and the cages have a rubber lining against the battery.
Combining these factors and testing 20 odd cages yielded results.

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
That E-Booz looks a good find R120, as you say it seems to be the neatest and best engineered solution out there at present. (y)

LawmanMtb

Aug 15, 2018
Wigan
these are a brilliant idea, i would be happy to have one in a backpack with a longish cable if only to get me home from longer rides, watching with keen interest (y)

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
these are a brilliant idea, i would be happy to have one in a backpack with a longish cable if only to get me home from longer rides, watching with keen interest (y)
Only issue is safety. Lithium battery feeding power down a long cable. The safety factors outway this possibility but paradox ebike motors run off backpack batteries?

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
And more importantly, as with any booster system. What happens to the cable when it's not attached? If you're one of those that only uses the boost once a month
You can detach booster battery and ride on factory battery with trailwatts.
Cap is provided to stop mud/ water getting into connector and tether cable behind cage?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Is this system designed to be used as the Focus TEC battery can be. IE you can keep it in your rucksack until your main battery gets low and then simply install it in the bottle cage and plug it in and away you go. Or, does it have to be coupled to the main battery to work?
I have seen no weights but the small one must be lighter than the TEC one.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Is this system designed to be used as the Focus TEC battery can be. IE you can keep it in your rucksack until your main battery gets low and then simply install it in the bottle cage and plug it in and away you go. Or, does it have to be coupled to the main battery to work?
I have seen no weights but the small one must be lighter than the TEC one.

Are referring to trailwatts system or the Italian ebooz?

Trailwatts manages the power distribution and load of batteries to increase capacity aswell as range.
Best used from fully charged to get the best range. The bms within the factory battery must function for the bike to stay on and be used.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I ordered one over a fortnight ago. Liked the design, size (250w) and the fact that it, apparently, plugs into the charging point on a Focus Jam2 as the TEC battery does.

Email from company saying "Order being processed" and money taken immediately.

Heard nothing since despite further e-mail from me.

Bit shoddy by today's standards but this seems to be a general battery producing company rather than a bike specific, parts supplying, retail organisation so hoping more a case of inefficiency rather than dodgy website.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles