New bike

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Picking up a trek rail 7 tomorrow never ridden one hope they are good

You bought it without a loan/test bike from a LBS? It’s quite a lot of money you are spending.

None the less, These Rails are awesome bikes. Playful and with nice modern geometry. The bits you aren’t pleased with you can upgrade.

Reactions: MsO

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Well got the trek today well pleased with it just adjusting everything like you do with a new bike only negative thing I can see is the better cover could fit a little more closely to frame maybe needsa bit of adjusting anyone else had this
1585432654548500336043102797963.jpg

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Quick ride out today but problem with bike when hitting bumps on local trail the display kept going out sometimes it came back on after a couple of seconds sometimes not I had to turn it back on very intermittent went down 2 flights of steps no problem then turns off over a smaller jump or rough ground any ideas wot it could be apart from that it handles bloody great ?

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
Battery mount adjustment I guess. Mine has never shut down. Loads of rock gardens and jumps. You should not be able to install battery without key. If you can , it’s too loose. Two bolts on top tube and move upper mount down

WilkyWay

Dec 26, 2019
Durham UK
I’d maybe ask your bike shop to have a look at the battery mounts. My 7 battery sits a bit more flush than that and has never gone off, your two issues may be related...

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
I’d maybe ask your bike shop to have a look at the battery mounts. My 7 battery sits a bit more flush than that and has never gone off, your two issues may be related...

Pretty much had the same issue when the bike was brand spanking new. Just a matter of adjustment and it goes away.

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Loosened off the battery lock moved it a bit now the battery cover is more closely to the frame so should sort it I did move it so the battery cover was slightly further from the frame and the bike wouldn't even turn on there isn't much of a difference between the 2 thou

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Just watched a video on YouTube some bloke had same problems with his battery not locating right it even fell out whist riding it !!!!!

roQer

Jun 29, 2019
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
I‘ve got a really good deal on a Rail 9.7 and bought it for my wife. Happy wife happy life. Parts look cheap but she isn’t a heavy user so should be OK.
The first what doesn’t look right is the stem. It’s to long with 60 mm and ugly like hell. So one question from a Trek newbie:
Can it be replaced with a normal stem or is a Bonetrager Knock Block stem mandatory?

Otherwise the frame is stellar.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I‘ve got a really good deal on a Rail 9.7 and bought it for my wife. Happy wife happy life. Parts look cheap but she isn’t a heavy user so should be OK.
The first what doesn’t look right is the stem. It’s to long with 60 mm and ugly like hell. So one question from a Trek newbie:
Can it be replaced with a normal stem or is a Bonetrager Knock Block stem mandatory?

Otherwise the frame is stellar.

12 speed and Yari Forks aren’t exactly bargain basement!

You need either a knock bloc stem or a knock bloc adaptor.

Knock Block 1-1/8" Lockring Spacer

Last edited:

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
That's good to hear I was out on mine today after the cut off its ok ish better than the old motor but it's definitely there

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
That's good to hear I was out on mine today after the cut off its ok ish better than the old motor but it's definitely there
Same here, I was adamant I would not derestrict this bike, but one ride proved it was not doable ?

roQer

Jun 29, 2019
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
Thanks for all the responses.
Another question:
Battery won’t load through the outlet on the bike but no problem to load the battery outside of the bike directly at the charger.
Is there anything to consider before loading through the outlet or is just something broken?

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
I originally ordered the new cube stereo 160 sl but the delivery date keeps getting put back also with the Corona virus as well got fed up with waiting and was gonna get money back from shop they then offered me the trek in XL that they had in stock got it for £3300 cash no finance ?

SteveT999

Mar 24, 2019
Kent
I originally ordered the new cube stereo 160 sl but the delivery date keeps getting put back also with the Corona virus as well got fed up with waiting and was gonna get money back from shop they then offered me the trek in XL that they had in stock got it for £3300 cash no finance ?

wow, that`s an amazing price....£1500 off the RRP

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles