New bike.... wrong charging lead....Grrrrrrrr

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My Rail came with both leads, but as I'm an adult and not a snowflake I would have managed just fine with the Euro plug...
Not good electrical advice when an euro adapter plug or new power lead are cheap and available ways to resolve the problem Mr Manic ......lol.
Just shows how times have changed; my dad showed me that trick about 40 years ago. Getting shit done was more important than personal safety back then.

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hey.....me to...but with a matchstick so a little more cautious than you....but I would hesitate to publicly advise others to do it!! If they dont know how to lift the live shield on a 3 pin socket they probably dont know if that socmet is shorted out to earth!...or could be! Us oldies are probably best keeping our workarounds to ourselves!!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
A flat 2-pin euro plug will work in a U.K. socket with just a little help from mr screwdriver...

My Hope R8+ lights arrived here in Spain with a 13amp plug unit moulded to the charging cable. Do you think this method will help me get the square pegs into the round holes? :unsure:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Sure, just use mr screwdriver to remove the faceplate from the plug socket and disconnect the wiring. Then wrap the wiring round the pins in the plug. It could get warm so I'd recommend licking your fingers before you start.

This post is obviously facetious. Do not, under any circumstances, do the above. Without setting up a GoPro first.

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Sure, just use mr screwdriver to remove the faceplate from the plug socket and disconnect the wiring. Then wrap the wiring round the pins in the plug. It could get warm so I'd recommend licking your fingers before you start.

This post is obviously facetious. Do not, under any circumstances, do the above. Without setting up a GoPro first.

Oh, you mean like when I dampen my heart rate monitor strap to get a better connection? What a good idea. I'll give it a try.

Do you think I should stand in a bucket of cold water to counteract the warming effect?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles