New Bike Time - Trek Rail 5

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
I posted in here with a sizing question a couple of weeks ago, but an LBS brought a Rail 5 Small in for me, tested it on Saturday, picked it up Sunday, first light get a feel for it ride yesterday (about 15km light XC ... will be looking to do something more aggressive with it this week or weekend).

Immediately felt stable and sure footed. Not sure I've ever felt comfortable at 30 km/h on trails before. Not sure I love the knock block. Seems to be set way too limiting.

And, I picked it up with my wife's car not thinking that I could possible get in my RS3 sedan. I was wrong ... took it to the trails in the RS3 without too much of an issue (front wheel off).

Resized_20200517_145628.jpeg.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You should continue to use the wifes car, why risk getting the RS3 dirty if you don't need to !! :cool:

Don't rush.... it takes time to get used to one, despite the feeling of stability. I'm about 250 rides in over the last 18 months and I only fell off once yesterday ...

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
Yes, but that leaves her to drive the RS3!

Actually, we are probably going to invest in a proper hitch and rack for her car anyway so it will be the one by default. But nice to know that I'm not stranded if she's gone somewhere.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Was it overtaking you? ?

It's true that on two separate occasions, I have returned home with snails attached to my body ..

I'm thinking there are four possible ways this could of happened ..

A: I was going SO FAST, I created a turbulent bow wave of air ahead of me and inadvertently scooped the snails up .

B: On one of my many creative dismounts, whilst lying prone afterwards, a snail mistook my twig like body for a juicy snack and climbed on board.

C: Not realising his own speed, a snail caught me up, but due to my erratic riding style could not see a clear and safe way past ... so climbed on board with the intention of going straight over me.

D: A combination of B & C .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles