Levo Gen 2 New bike thoughts

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I am currently riding on my Turbo Levo 2018. I have over time updated the following:
Fork, Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate
Magura brakes
New Newmen wheelset
XX0 groupset
An extra 500wh battery.

Now I have a ned for an extra ebike, my wife would like to ride 14 km to work.
I have two choices:
A. Buy an ebike like the Specialized vado for about 3500€
B. Buy a Turbo Levo 2021 S-Works frameset and move over the upgraded parts from my alu frame. Cost for frameset is 6200€, various small parts like brakes, saddle etc 400€. Total cost of 6600€. Then I will have the 700wh battery that I would like very much, all my friends now have bikes with more than 500wh in the form of new Turbo Levos or Trek. Move over original wheelset to the alu frame and mount fenders permanently on it.

In option A above comes the cost of about 1100€ for a 700wh battery.

I must say I very much like this gen Turbo Levo, I am at the moment not interested in a mullet setup so the 2022
What do you say?

Nick W

Jan 2, 2022
Bolinas, CA
I am currently riding on my Turbo Levo 2018. I have over time updated the following:
Fork, Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate
Magura brakes
New Newmen wheelset
XX0 groupset
An extra 500wh battery.

Now I have a ned for an extra ebike, my wife would like to ride 14 km to work.
I have two choices:
A. Buy an ebike like the Specialized vado for about 3500€
B. Buy a Turbo Levo 2021 S-Works frameset and move over the upgraded parts from my alu frame. Cost for frameset is 6200€, various small parts like brakes, saddle etc 400€. Total cost of 6600€. Then I will have the 700wh battery that I would like very much, all my friends now have bikes with more than 500wh in the form of new Turbo Levos or Trek. Move over original wheelset to the alu frame and mount fenders permanently on it.

In option A above comes the cost of about 1100€ for a 700wh battery.

I must say I very much like this gen Turbo Levo, I am at the moment not interested in a mullet setup so the 2022
What do you say?

Some thoughts:
The Vado is super awesome and I’m sure your wife would love it.
But if you got another Levo perhaps your wife might go mountain biking with you one day!
For 6500 it seems to me you could get an aluminum Levo and not have to build a bike up from a frame set. S-Works is cool, but in my mind you really just want the 700wh battery. The SLX Levo build is awesome and does everything you need it to. You could also sell your 2018 and just buy a pair of 700wh levos🤷‍♂️. Depends on finances I guess. I see no advantage of the s works frame over aluminum though, besides the fancy name which admittedly is awesome

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles