New bike day!

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
2020 Reign E+. Just rode it around the house so far. First impression: much quieter, very quick shifting and amazing brakes.
B6E43951-3A57-4207-A793-4289F193EA8D.jpeg
A50169D9-3117-4944-863D-A34FF18D7E63.jpeg

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
I have a 19 Trance E+ also and a 18 Levo. The trance is louder than the Levo but nothing to complain about like I have heard some say. The new Reign I would say is 40% quieter than the Trance and 20% louder than the Levo. The Levo is almost silent.

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
It’s smooth and has instant power just like the Trance. It seems like you can turn a higher cadence than the Trance without it holding back if that makes sense? It’s also easier to pedal past the speed limit. But it cuts off at exactly 20mph and at the same time as the Trance. My son and I tested them side by side a few times. It also seems you can soft pedal easier and make power, the Trance seems like you have to put a decent amount of muscle input to the pedals to make it accelerate quickly.

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
It’s smooth and has instant power just like the Trance. It seems like you can turn a higher cadence than the Trance without it holding back if that makes sense? It’s also easier to pedal past the speed limit. But it cuts off at exactly 20mph and at the same time as the Trance. My son and I tested them side by side a few times. It also seems you can soft pedal easier and make power, the Trance seems like you have to put a decent amount of muscle input to the pedals to make it accelerate quickly.

Nice. The 2020 Reign (and the Trance) did get an motor upgrade compared to the 2019 so that may explain some of the difference. It supports higher cadences as you have noticed. Giant make some changes but some interesting details here:

New Yamaha 2020 ebike motors – PW-X2 and our first ride impressions | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

Thanks. Good to here they improved cadence support.

In another reign thread, I was told Giant already had the high cadence support in the 2019 syncdrive pro, and that the 2020 version would be more of the same. ? I was sad. Now its worse ... becuase I want the shiny new one even more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles