New base model Levo HT 2019 - no handlebar remote supplied

kingston12

Jul 31, 2019
UK
I have just bought a new base model Levo HT 2019 for my wife and it has arrived with no handlebar remote. I assume that it is standard and the dealar have just forgotten to fit it? I'll find out tomorrow as my men's version of the same bike arrives from a different dealer!

A couple of questions for anyone who knows:

1. Can I use the bike without the controller (just with the + and - buttons on the main unit?

2. Is the handlebar remote easy to fit? There is no wire or anything that I can see.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018
Nottingham
Hey,

Since about Febuary time, no Levo hardtails have been coming through with the handlebar remote. This is because the Germany company that makes them went bust.

You can still use the bike using the + and - on the battery.

To fit the remote you will need to take the motor covers off the non drive side as it plugs into the motor.

kingston12

Jul 31, 2019
UK
Hey,

Since about Febuary time, no Levo hardtails have been coming through with the handlebar remote. This is because the Germany company that makes them went bust.

You can still use the bike using the + and - on the battery.

To fit the remote you will need to take the motor covers off the non drive side as it plugs into the motor.

Thanks. That's a shame as I quite liked the idea of the remote! At least it means I haven't got to chase it up on Monday. Presumably the higher models still come with some type of handlebar control?

I think we'll just get used to controlling from the frame itself. The only thing that seems like it might not be accessible is walk assist and that probably isn't something we'd ever use anyway.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
A few other 2019 HT owners have contacted Specialized directly and had the remote fitted after purchase at their expense. The 2019 HT is sold with the remote listed in the advertising material and you can demand it installed or bust them for false marketing. I bought a 2019 HT late last year for my wife and it came with a remote.

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
So you spend £4000, or something similar, and you don't even get a handlebar remote? They're having a laugh , aren't they?

Makes me wonder why anyone who reads this forum ever buys a Levo.
The 2019 base HT Levo is far from £4000, as a matter of fact I paid only £1740 at a local bike shop here in Denmark brand new. However, basically everything but motor and frame are junk on the base model so most of it went directly in the bin. As a matter of fact the brand new fork went straight into the old iron at the local garbage dump place.

Karsten

Dlangers

Jul 7, 2019
Hertfordshire
The 2019 base HT Levo is far from £4000, as a matter of fact I paid only £1740 at a local bike shop here in Denmark brand new. However, basically everything but motor and frame are junk on the base model so most of it went directly in the bin. As a matter of fact the brand new fork went straight into the old iron at the local garbage dump place.

Karsten
Hi I agree with you on the fact that most of the bike is junk I have changed just about everything on mine it is now a fantastic bike to ride.
Going back to the original question I got the remote on mine and I also got the display both I feel make a real difference.
you can keep track of everything on the display including the battery percentage etc.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Not seen any for £1740 here in England and I never said the bike was junk. I actually said that anyone reading posts on the Levo on this forum would possibly have their thoughts influenced.

It has certainly turned me away from the Levo.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Not seen any for £1740 here in England and I never said the bike was junk. I actually said that anyone reading posts on the Levo on this forum would possibly have their thoughts influenced.

It has certainly turned me away from the Levo.
You are aware that we are talking about the hardtail version of the Levo here? Its a completely different bike compared to the 2019 Levo FSR.

Karsten

Dlangers

Jul 7, 2019
Hertfordshire
The Ht Levo is a great bike proving you upgrade the Acera gears and the terrible Suntour fork also the brakes are only cheap Shimano shifters add a dropper and away you go

kingston12

Jul 31, 2019
UK
Thanks all. My Levo HT arrived yesterday, also without remote. I went out for a ride yesterday, and I'd definitely prefer to have the remote. Controlling from the battery is fine, but handlebar would be much better.

I notice that some of the retailers have updated their adverts and don't mention the remote any more, but the manual does. I'll see how I go!

kingston12

Jul 31, 2019
UK
Thanks again for the help on this.

One of the the remotes turned up today. It is part number S194200007 which according to Google is the one for the 2019 models with the tube top display. Mine hasn't got that as it is the HT.

I also received an extension cable (S196800011) which looks as though it adapts from new to old.

I won't be able to fit this until the weekend so could anyone who has had it done confirm if this is going to be right for my bike?

rosswa28

Nov 17, 2018
Berkshire
Thanks again for the help on this.

One of the the remotes turned up today. It is part number S194200007 which according to Google is the one for the 2019 models with the tube top display. Mine hasn't got that as it is the HT.

I also received an extension cable (S196800011) which looks as though it adapts from new to old.

I won't be able to fit this until the weekend so could anyone who has had it done confirm if this is going to be right for my bike?
It does indeed, you just have to stash the box and wiring above the battery in the downtube!?

biou

Nov 8, 2019
lu
Hi, i have recently won a Turbo Levo HT 2019 at a bike to work contest, which is pretty awesome :) The only issue, it has been delivered without the handlebar remote. I am wondering if this is normal? For me it is cumbersome not to have a remote on the handlebar, since the other controls are not so accessible, on the side of the frame. I checked on the specialized website and I think that this model should not come with a handlebar remote. If you compare the tech specs of the models from 2019 and 2020, you will see that the remote is only available by default on the model 2020:
Turbo Levo Hardtail | Specialized.com
Men's Turbo Levo Hardtail 29 | Specialized.com

I will contact the shop that gave me the bike, to see if they can install a remote control on this bike for free.

fragledoozer

Aug 12, 2018
southport
i have a 2019 ht for the wife it didn't come with the remote i spoke to my dealer whom spoke to specialized and are fitting it for free for me said it should of come with it. Not got round to taking it back yet but may be worth asking supplying dealer

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles