Article New Alloy Levo – First Look

Sfizzle26

Jan 6, 2022
Texas
I just had my first ride aboard my new comp alloy 2022 turbo levo and for me it is an amazing bike. This is my first e-bike and I have nothing to compare it to,but I will share my experience. To begin I am 50, 6’2 and 215 lbs. I am an occasional rider, but been a mtb rider since 1995. I also had a knee replacement 1.5 yrs ago.

This bike has brought the joy of riding back for me. I just can’t dedicate enough time to riding to get back into shape enough where I don’t suffer, especially towards the end of a ride. On the turbo I found myself riding longer and faster. It simply made my experience more fun.

The bike is heavier than I think it was going to be, but this disappears on the trail and is very stable. It is a pain to load in the back of my truck. The motor is so quiet that it appears non-existent. I spent most of my time in the middle mode and very seldom used the turbo. But turbo is crazy fast. It took some getting used to the run-on that happens when you move the cranks even slightly.

I will probably do some upgrading to components such as bar and stem but for right now everything else seems quite capable.

I did struggle with the price, but currently nothing that I reviewed or could purchase seems as capable as the specialized.

I know there were issues with the previous motor; however my experience is that most often companies will go above and beyond to have a repeat of failures and I am trusting that this is the case with the new edition. Hope this helps!

Cdillardktm

Feb 2, 2022
Dallas TX
I placed my order at my local LBS in late December and I'm told it should arrive at the end of February. I cant wait to saddle up on this bike!

Alex Ebiker

Mar 24, 2022
Wiltshire
Hey Rob,
Loving your Ebike video reviews. I’m currently in the market for my first ebike and there a great resource to compare what’s currently on offer.
However, as the average joe, I have a budget of 5.5k and I simply can’t afford the vast majority of the bikes listed in your best of 2022 video and I’m finding it hard to compare what I can afford.
Too often videos are comparing bikes out of most peoples price range and there hasn’t been a recent group test of affordable ebikes for a few years now. The last was MBR and that was done about two years ago!.
I also think that including the entry level gen 3 turbo levo in this group test would be very enlightening as no one has reviewed this yet.

SparkleHedgehog

Dec 11, 2021
Coningsby, UK
Hey Rob,
Loving your Ebike video reviews. I’m currently in the market for my first ebike and there a great resource to compare what’s currently on offer.
However, as the average joe, I have a budget of 5.5k and I simply can’t afford the vast majority of the bikes listed in your best of 2022 video and I’m finding it hard to compare what I can afford.
Too often videos are comparing bikes out of most peoples price range and there hasn’t been a recent group test of affordable ebikes for a few years now. The last was MBR and that was done about two years ago!.
I also think that including the entry level gen 3 turbo levo in this group test would be very enlightening as no one has reviewed this yet.
get a second-hand turbo levo carbon expert 2019 or 2020 (with original receipt for the extended warranty) for about £4-4.5k

Alex Ebiker

Mar 24, 2022
Wiltshire
get a second-hand turbo levo carbon expert 2019 or 2020 (with original receipt for the extended warranty) for about £4-4.5k
I’m not sure about second hand ebikes personally. Even with a receipt and warranty I would unlikely find one with local dealer support and I know past turbo Levo have had lots of problems with the motors. Also not keen on the geo of the old ones either.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles