Neuron On screen

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Just had it confirmed that the Neuron On comes with the E7000 screen and not the E8000 colour version. Apparently according to the Canyon guys it's to keep costs down as there is a big price difference between the two screens. It's funny because some videos show the bike with the E8000 colour screen so maybe that was to help sell the bike. I told their rep I might cancel my order and get a Commencal to which they replied that bike only comes with an E7000 motor lol, must think all customers are stupid.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you don't like their customer service then why are you considering it at all?
My Commencal Meta Power was lost on the way and they couldn't even find it for a week. When it arrived the box was in pieces the shipping company's tape held it together somehow. The ordered spare battery disappeared they had to ship it again separately and I received it in almost a month. The bike is great though...

I had three bikes from Canyon and I didn't have any problem with them, they solved all the warranty stuff for my satisfaction.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
If you don't like their customer service then why are you considering it at all?
My Commencal Meta Power was lost on the way and they couldn't even find it for a week. When it arrived the box was in pieces the shipping company's tape held it together somehow. The ordered spare battery disappeared they had to ship it again separately and I received it in almost a month. The bike is great though...

I had three bikes from Canyon and I didn't have any problem with them, they solved all the warranty stuff for my satisfaction.
I didn't realise the CS was so bad until I ordered it, but that still didn't put me off from cancelling it because I know shit happens. But to now find out my 4k best bike on the forum ships with a B&W screen, arghhh now they are twisting my melons. ?

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I'm not really gonna cancel just yet, I'm waiting to see some info and pics here from others who have ordered first. Mine isn't due for delivery until February anyway so plenty of time to change my mind if I want to. ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'd much rather have a display the size of the E7000 but no colour is the dealbreaker for me.
I find a quick glance down at the power bar and seeing the mode by colour really handy.
Especailly with the E7000 controller. (I've changed mode by mistake more than a few times since switching from the more shifter like E8000 controls).
The iny wee STEPs junction box has colour to display mode but no power bar so that's out for me too.
I also really wish the E8000 display could be dimed properly for night riding. Even on dimmest it's annoyingly BrightAF

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have been playing around with the junction box - odd at first but when you get used to it you forget about the need for a display - the battery has the bars on it anyway, and the function box highlights when you hit around (I think ) 20%.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
That's why I want a colourful
I'd much rather have a display the size of the E7000 but no colour is the dealbreaker for me.
I find a quick glance down at the power bar and seeing the mode by colour really handy.
Especailly with the E7000 controller. (I've changed mode by mistake more than a few times since switching from the more shifter like E8000 controls).
The iny wee STEPs junction box has colour to display mode but no power bar so that's out for me too.
I also really wish the E8000 display could be dimed properly for night riding. Even on dimmest it's annoyingly BrightAF
That's why I want a colour display so I can quickly look down and see what power mode I'm in, add to the fact I think the colour display looks great. Not really bothered that it drains more battery than the B&W display according to the rep I chatted to.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
That's why I want a colourful

That's why I want a colour display so I can quickly look down and see what power mode I'm in, add to the fact I think the colour display looks great. Not really bothered that it drains more battery than the B&W display according to the rep I chatted to.
Contrary to Fastfocker's reply above. The power bar (and current mode) display is incredibly helpful in choosing an appropriate cadence/gearing to conserve battery useage. without it you're guessing.
I just wish it was smaller. Nothing else on the display is really any more use than for novelty value to me.
I have a small GPS for live stats and Strava to geek out at them later if I was bothered.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I don't see using your phone as a display as something better
When I say 'I don't look at my SC-E8000 that much when riding', I do mean the power modes. I do keep a close eye on the amount of battery power left and change the modes/gears/cadence to get as much riding time as possible. I spend most of my time in Eco unless I'm chasing a KOM and then it's full Boost :love:
There's very little point constantly checking the amount of battery left. It only has 5 bars and it's not a linear gauge. You've probably already noticed you get ages until the first two bars go out and nowhere near as long for the last two?
There's very little point in checking your actual cadence either without also comparing it to the power bar it's just a number. if you're not comfortable at the cadence you're spinning you won't hold it for long and will probably change gear/mode soon anyway.
The most useful gauge on the entire display is the power bar. keep it low as much as possible and you'll gain the most range. keep it at the top the entire time for pointless KOM crowns n cups ;)

Last edited:

pallie

Dec 19, 2018
netherlands
So i was right about it. I noticed it already on the website. It's not a deal breaker, i already ordered mine Neuron On last week. But a colour display is somehow better, or better looks.

pallie

Dec 19, 2018
netherlands
I'm very curious. My bike is now in Holland at the service center in Eindhoven. So this week i hopefully know what the display will be. I 'll keep you informed. If I get the bike this week ?
I've ordered the Neuron ON 6.0

pallie

Dec 19, 2018
netherlands
IMG_3527.JPG
IMG_3527.JPG

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
We did it. Bike looks great. Display is the e7000.?
Nice one, did you have to swap the brakes? I have the blue 7.0 one coming. Will just have to use the app if I don't like the screen. Look forward to seeing more pics out on the trails.(y)

pallie

Dec 19, 2018
netherlands
Nice one, did you have to swap the brakes? I have the blue 7.0 one coming. Will just have to use the app if I don't like the screen. Look forward to seeing more pics out on the trails.(y)

display is nice tough. bleu tooth isn't show up on the screen.

pallie

Dec 19, 2018
netherlands
Okay contacted the service center Canyon. So far they helped me great. But the new e7000 display doesn't support bluetooth yet?So I can't use the phone.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
Okay contacted the service center Canyon. So far they helped me great. But the new e7000 display doesn't support bluetooth yet?So I can't use the phone.
I used contact ‘Shimano Ebike’ on Facebook they are very responsive to messages and you might get more useful info from them.
The E7000 display supports Bluetooth but you have to press the button on the bottom of the screen for ~3 sec to bring up the menu and pair it with your phone.

Last edited:

pallie

Dec 19, 2018
netherlands
Already
I used contact ‘Shimano Ebike’ on Facebook they are very responsive to messages and you might get more useful info from them.
The E7000 display supports Bluetooth but you have to press the button on the bottom of the screen for ~3 sec to bring up the menu and pair it with your phone.

Tried it 10 times. In the menu there is no Bluetooth. Light, beep, etc all can be changed. But Bluetooth isn’t there.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles