Need the paint code of trek rail 7 rage red

yudah

Oct 29, 2020
Israel
Hi , i have trek rail 7 Dnister Black/Rage Red
this week i have a nasty fall from my bike and the bike crashed into a rock and the paint is scrashed
can someone tell me how can i fix the scrashes ?
what is the red paint code number ?
thanks

Last edited:

Timothy

Jun 4, 2020
California
Hi , i have trek rail 7 Dnister Black/Rage Red
this week i have a nasty fall from my bike and the bike crashed into a rock and the paint is scrashed
can someone tell me how can i fix the scrashes ?
what is the red paint code number ?
thanks
Hi, I have same colored bike. The scratches on my bike did not take off the paint, it just scratched the clear coat. I used a clear coat pen(from auto parts store) looks just like new.

yudah

Oct 29, 2020
Israel
Hi, I have same colored bike. The scratches on my bike did not take off the paint, it just scratched the clear coat. I used a clear coat pen(from auto parts store) looks just like new.
thanks for the replay but my scratches are to deep and i can see the frame metal )-:

skeet103

May 24, 2020
usa
Hey guys if your in the states, I went to my local MACCO shop and they used their special camera and matched it to a .0025%. I'll call them tomorrow and see if they have the paint code. I'm waiting on a filliable paint pen if anyone wants to see how close it actually is, I'll post a photo.

I am then brilliantly cleaning my bike and ride wrapping it

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
I colour match and make coatings and colours for a living, I have all the latest photospectrometers and computer aided colourmatching systems. (these systems do not work well with metallic colours as the light reflects into the optics from the glitter and gives false reading) I can assure you that you will not find a code for this red. It is a Trek inhouse colour developed by their colour department and there is no standard colour code. The best thing to do is take battery cover into store and buy a couple of nail varnishes that look close (stand in the store and use the tester on your own nails to see the colour, I did, got some funny looks ) then if needed blend the colours you have to get a match.
Nail varnish is usually NC based resin, this is the same resin that car paints used to be made from so nail varnish will stick well to metal.

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
I colour match and make coatings and colours for a living, I have all the latest photospectrometers and computer aided colourmatching systems. (these systems do not work well with metallic colours as the light reflects into the optics from the glitter and gives false reading) I can assure you that you will not find a code for this red. It is a Trek inhouse colour developed by their colour department and there is no standard colour code. The best thing to do is take battery cover into store and buy a couple of nail varnishes that look close (stand in the store and use the tester on your own nails to see the colour, I did, got some funny looks ) then if needed blend the colours you have to get a match.
Nail varnish is usually NC based resin, this is the same resin that car paints used to be made from so nail varnish will stick well to metal.
David, what about non-Metallics. My Rail 7 is the two-tone blue and these are solid paints. Can you reproduce them?

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
David, what about non-Metallics. My Rail 7 is the two-tone blue and these are solid paints. Can you reproduce them?

If I had the bike I could pretty much colour match any colour, but thats not possible. but like I said in my message nail varnishes come in thousands of colours now days and if you look around the accessory shops where all our daughters buy all their crap from you can find pretty much any colour varnish. Or if you find a blue thats a bit dark, buy a white and mix them, colour matching is easier than you think.

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
If I had the bike I could pretty much colour match any colour, but thats not possible. but like I said in my message nail varnishes come in thousands of colours now days and if you look around the accessory shops where all our daughters buy all their crap from you can find pretty much any colour varnish. Or if you find a blue thats a bit dark, buy a white and mix them, colour matching is easier than you think.
Thanks David. ??

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
If anyone is interested, I found a nail varnish brand called 'Technic' and their Ruby Red is pretty close to the Trek Rage Red..

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I had not thought of the nail varnish counter, great suggestion!
I found a perfect match for my blue Focus bike in the paint section of a car parts store (Halfords in the UK). With Focus being a German company I looked first at all the German cars but without success. I eventually found that Peugot Aegean Blue metallic was a perfect match. Worth a try.
Paint chip 2.jpg

crthurston

May 29, 2021
Arizona, USA
Hello, I have found a really, I mean really close nail polish for Trek Rage Red paint.
It is China Glaze brand Ruby Pumps numbers on bottom of bottle are 182 and below the color name is 70577 . A search for it on Amazon will find it.

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
The other thing to look at is Testors model paint. The flat olive is almost a perfect match for my Rail 5 (had to mix in just a touch of black to get it right. One of their metallic reds might be really close.

RailMike

Feb 26, 2022
Hello, I have found a really, I mean really close nail polish for Trek Rage Red paint.
It is China Glaze brand Ruby Pumps numbers on bottom of bottle are 182 and below the color name is 70577 . A search for it on Amazon will find it.
Appreciate you! Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles