Need replacement charger

Jinker

Aug 6, 2019
I have a defective charger and need a replacement. My model is the 4500 version and it "clicks" on and off before charging fails. Brought inside, plugged in charger for 30min prior to charging and it still failed. I purchased my bike used so no dealer support. Does anyone know where to purchase a replacement charger in the U.S.?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
There was a very long thread on this topic early last year. Try warming the charger on your radiator and for good measure bring the bike indoors overnight. If that doesn't work, the charger is knackered. But the problem was with the 4500 version. I swapped mine out for the 4000 version and I had zero further problems.

Try Googling the information on the back of the charger to see what the manufacturer can do for you. Also to see if you can you buy a charger that delivers the same current and voltage requirements. Don't forget that a 4Amp charger works well too, just slightly slower than 4.5Amps

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I have a defective charger and need a replacement. My model is the 4500 version and it "clicks" on and off before charging fails. Brought inside, plugged in charger for 30min prior to charging and it still failed. I purchased my bike used so no dealer support. Does anyone know where to purchase a replacement charger in the U.S.?
Used or not, a dealer should be willing to sell you a new one. Pro-tip: a dealer will also work on a bike not purchased from them.

Jinker

Aug 6, 2019
I read through the entire thread regarding charging issues. I brought the bike and charger inside and allowed both to warm up to room temp before charging and it didn't help. I would like to obtain a 4A version but I'm not sure which dealer in the states can get Focus parts and accessories. I googled the derby charger info but couldn't locate one to purchase. I would be willing to try another brand charger with the appropriate input/output and connector. Can anyone recommend a dealer state side? Or any other solution.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles