Levo Gen 2 Need new rear wheel

SparkleHedgehog

Dec 11, 2021
Coningsby, UK
Rear 29” roval on my 2020 Levo carbon expert is buckled and is beyond adjustment with spoke nipples (tried for hours) so wanna get new ones. Buy a set? If so which ones? Halo? Dt Swiss? Hope? Hunt?

seema to be a minefield. Roval seems expensive for what they are

just buy rear or get a set? Currently on HG hub

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
I would talk to your dealer about warranty/crash replacement, even if you don't want to run the same wheel at least you may get get a spare. I was blown away that Spesh warrantied a levo SL rear wheel for me even though I'm not original owner. It was bent and twisted from riding through rock gardens, totally my fault, had no expectations they would do anything. They did! That one experience made me a huge believer in the brand backing it's products and taking care of the customer.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
My sons Levo is using the DT Swiss/ Hope hubs combo. His 4 pawl freehub outer bearing collapsed after only c 600 miles which may of course be a one-off but it took a fair bit of investigation to find out how to rebuild the freehub ( microspline) . I have the DT Swiss H1700 wheelset on my bike and the freehub is XD 36t ratchet. With everything being DT Swiss I think it is more straightforward finding parts if needed but so far I have found the wheels to be a good design and reliable. The "H" series wheelset is ebike specific with everything from spokes, rims, hub shell and freehub suitably upgraded to take the extra strain. The hubs are DT Swiss 350. So I would go with DT Swiss H series.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I am using Hope Fortus 30. They are (well were) about £350. Just rebuilt the pro4 hub after it got full of water/dirt and the springs broke up. There is a guide from Hope on youtube. Its fairly easy, although I had to construct a bearing press out of wood and an old bearing.

I cant comment on the other brands but the Hope ones seem to have taken abuse better that the rovals did.

SparkleHedgehog

Dec 11, 2021
Coningsby, UK
I am using Hope Fortus 30. They are (well were) about £350. Just rebuilt the pro4 hub after it got full of water/dirt and the springs broke up. There is a guide from Hope on youtube. Its fairly easy, although I had to construct a bearing press out of wood and an old bearing.

I cant comment on the other brands but the Hope ones seem to have taken abuse better that the rovals did.
What concerns me is that’s two of you now said you’ve had to rebuild the hub. Thanks for the info though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles