Need a new dropper post for 2019 Levo!

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Hi Kenny I will see if I have the user manual for it and hopefully a numpty like myself can do it without messing it up :)
User manual no help on the how. This is what I wrote earlier:
Undo the threaded cap at the top of the lower tube, mine was really stiff and needed a plumbers wrench, I wrapped a piece of inner tube round it to protect it. Clean the tube and especially the inside of the cap, there is an o ring that sometimes gets stuck inside the cap. Press some light grease, I use SRAM Butter, into the top of the bottom tube and cycle the post a few times. Reassemble.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
pretty sure the 2019 Comp (both alu and carbon) use Xfusion Manic so all this stuff about how to service Command posts is going to be rather confusing to the OP. I would suggest contacting Upgrade Bikes, the importer/distributor, as mentioned a couple of posts above.

Correct.... my bad... missed the bit about him having the Comp model.

randycpu

Nov 15, 2018
Silicon Valley, USA
When did your warranty run out?
I was told by Specialized that the Command Seat Post is NOT covered by the bike's warranty. They said these are a "service item" like brake pads.
On mine, the seal was sucked down into the gap between the inner and outer. It no longer functions. Needs a service.
But the shop said that the CommandPosts suck so bad that I should shop for a new one and not rebuild it.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I was told by Specialized that the Command Seat Post is NOT covered by the bike's warranty. They said these are a "service item" like brake pads.
On mine, the seal was sucked down into the gap between the inner and outer. It no longer functions. Needs a service.
But the shop said that the CommandPosts suck so bad that I should shop for a new one and not rebuild it.

Seatposts are definitely covered for 2 years. My mate has had two.

Global Warranty Page | Specialized.com

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
if it is a Command Post you have then send it to PLUSH for a service. Then every ride give the stanchion a small coating, light quick squirt of GT85, action it up and down a few times and you’re good to go for a 3-4hr ride. I only run Command Posts both the 30.9 (x3) and 34.9 (x1) all work perfectly and have done for years.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I was offered a return under warranty of my X-fusion manic post. With the agreement of my LBS, ie warranty not affected, and since the upper seal maintenance is a monthly task, as well as being without the bike for however long it would take, I serviced it. As I described earlier, 5 min task.
By the way, I use suspension spray on mine, LBS also recommended it.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles