My wife fancies a Cube 140 are they good bikes?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
img_9648-jpg.9917

Sweet! The Cube's may be lagging behind a bit with their geometry but their stylists are definitely on point! They are probably the best packaged Bosch bikes at the moment, only the top of the range Trek Powerfly gets close.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hi mate
i have just ordered a cube from Suttonbank cycles their hire bikes are cube also so if your not to far from Sutton bank have a look there

Wow I am not that far away from there I rode that trail once but crikey it was a hilly finish but would be fab on a Cube :)

I put a deposit down on a Trance E + 2 on Saturday BUT I am not sure now and I think I would like to see a Cube bike instead do they have some there to look at? I will cancel the Giant tomorrow I hope they will give me my deposit back am i right in thinking I have a cooling off period?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
Wow I am not that far away from there I rode that trail once but crikey it was a hilly finish but would be fab on a Cube :)

I put a deposit down on a Trance E + 2 on Saturday BUT I am not sure now and I think I would like to see a Cube bike instead do they have some there to look at?
They have a few not sure what models as I am new to all this so I have just gone for the cube reaction hybrid 500 hard tail to see if I can still ride a bike, they are very helpful and also Own shops in other places in nyorks

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
img_9648-jpg.9917

Sweet! The Cube's may be lagging behind a bit with their geometry but their stylists are definitely on point! They are probably the best packaged Bosch bikes at the moment, only the top of the range Trek Powerfly gets close.
Does the 2019 tm cube come with the new kiox display or is it the purion?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've asked this already, but didn't get an answer; why not get her a Giant like yours?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
I've asked this already, but didn't get an answer; why not get her a Giant like yours?

Sorry I forgot to respond she isn't that keen on the looks she thinks the down tube is a bit too chunky, she is a fussy so and so :) she does like the Cube though and I will cancel my Giant bike tomorrow and I will get to a Cube dealer as I really love the look of these and want to see one close up as I really fancy one now.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Yeah, I'm thinking of cancelling my Neuron On and going for the Cube TM 120, looks a sweet bike and also available at local bike shop. Was wondering though if anyone got a cube bike with the new kiox display yet?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
This is the one I really fancy "Cube stereo hybrid 140TM 500 Kiox" that is from J E James Rotherham site and it looks like it's top of the range in the 140 travel, i love the matt grey/orange combo and they are offering 10% off 2019 bikes so it's £4500 so it will come down to around £4000 I just have to see one now :)

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Then maybe another bike you should check out the new Norco Slight VLT, the mid range model is £5100, Shimano motor, 630wh battery in all but the base model. Only downside is battery is non removable, so has to be charged where it is stored.

Norco Sight C NX12 VLT 2019 Electric Mountain Bike | ELECTRIC MOUNTAIN BIKES | Evans Cycles

Norco introduces the Sight VLT, featuring a carbon frame and a 630 Wh battery | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine

View attachment 9919

I really like the Norco but the lack of a local dealer puts me off and I don't buy bikes from Evans I prefer an independant shop and we keep the bikes in the garage and not being able to remove the battery is a no no as our garage gets really cold.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
If you look at what has just gone up on the latest thread......
Its a cube for sale 2nd hand......might not be what your after but the price is right.....2018 cube 140 pro

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
This is the one I really fancy "Cube stereo hybrid 140TM 500 Kiox" that is from J E James Rotherham site and it looks like it's top of the range in the 140 travel, i love the matt grey/orange combo and they are offering 10% off 2019 bikes so it's £4500 so it will come down to around £4000 I just have to see one now :)
10% off because they're all out of stock. Probably have to wait months to get one.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
The Cube's may be lagging behind a bit with their geometry but their stylists are definitely on point! They are probably the best packaged Bosch bikes at the moment, only the top of the range Trek Powerfly gets close.
Regarding the geometry, I actually think Cube is purposely keeping the bike more balanced (longer chainstays for climbs, stability, more comfortable seating position etc.) because it is what many non-pro riders want and you can stay for hours in the saddle without any pain. Personally, I love them I think for riders who are not super agile, this is a great balance. I do not mean any offense, I just feel many reviews are made by pro riders, but people who buy the bikes and are not doing constant carving, jumping and 100m manuals, may find a more balanced set up more rewarding on a daily basis. Just an opinion, surely many will disagree...

Cakey boy

Aug 14, 2018
Hampshire
I’m very biased as I have owned several cubes over the years, but I really don’t think you can go wrong with the cubes for value! I currently have the 140 TM and the spec on that particular model is great! definitely worth a look !

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Well after Mark saying J E James in Rotherham was a great shop I took a detour today and went in there, WOW that pace is huge and I can't believe how many makes of ebike he stocks I spoke to Jeff who was very helpful and he said he could get me the 140 TM in the grey/orange and if I paid in full he would do a 10% discount! but I wouldn't get it until April.

That isn't a problem and I liked the 140 that he showed me but obviously you don't really know what it's like until you hit the trails, I tried for a straight £4000 but he wouldn't budge and as I have got a deposit on a Giant Trance 2 which is £3500 I think I will stick with the Giant as I am trying to sell my own bike and have two people interested so the Giant situation makes more sense to me but I really liked the Cube but at £650 more and having the hassle of selling mine again I wasn't sure.

Also I didn't fancy paying in full in case anything happened, and I didn't feel great around there as that really is a grim area I would be scared my bike would be nicked before I left :)

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I'm sticking with the Neuron as received an email today saying my bike will be ready early February for delivery. Not a lot in it though for the Canyon and Cube for me as both great bikes but seeing as my local dealer is Evans and they don't seem to have a clue when asking anything I've decided to opt for the Canyon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles