My wife fancies a Cube 140 are they good bikes?

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
Regarding the geometry, I actually think Cube is purposely keeping the bike more balanced (longer chainstays for climbs, stability, more comfortable seating position etc.) because it is what many non-pro riders want and you can stay for hours in the saddle without any pain. Personally, I love them I think for riders who are not super agile, this is a great balance. I do not mean any offense, I just feel many reviews are made by pro riders, but people who buy the bikes and are not doing constant carving, jumping and 100m manuals, may find a more balanced set up more rewarding on a daily basis. Just an opinion, surely many will disagree...
Haha, I can vouch for over 4000 miles ridden in the last 2 and a bit years on 2 Cubes and I've not had a single issue relating to comfort. (or issue at all tbh)

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
It is a bit grim at that shop, I went with my mate to buy a wyhte 130s .
As soon as we got it out of the shop we strapped it on his roof rack and fucked off before it got nicked ?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
It is a bit grim at that shop, I went with my mate to buy a wyhte 130s .
As soon as we got it out of the shop we strapped it on his roof rack and fucked off before it got nicked ?

Haha I don't blame you but they do have a massive bike selection in there shame they have to have snipers on the roof to protect them!

maccandles

Jan 9, 2019
lincoln uk
Hi guys

My wife Linda has a 2016 Haibike it has the Bosch motor I think it has 70nm power but she really fancies an update now as she wants the battery in the down tube as she much prefers the look of them.

She likes the Levo but they are so expensive and on checking our bike carrier it says don't use it on a carbon frame so the Levo is out (phew) :) Am I right in thinking Cube are German and are these a quality well built bike as there aren't many around are there.

One concern is I watched that video Rob did on it and that motor was really noisy is that how they are!

We do a lot of moorland and bridleways so nothing too demanding although we do some rocky descents so I am thinking the 140 will be the right travel for her, on the Cube site they do a 140 in a pro, race, SL and TM what is the difference and how is the range on these.

Any help/advice much appreciated as I think it would be nice to have something a bit different :)

Thanks

Andy
i demo rode lots of different makes and models, and although the levo seemed the best alround ride, i bought a cube stereo 160, sl. im 700 miles in on lots of red/black routes, and still happy with my decision. If your wife is petite , maybe get a demo ride on a focus jam2., however the 120/140 mm cube would still be a great bike .

TonyRevo

Nov 23, 2018
Berkshire
Just before Christmas, I bought an ex-demo 2017 Stereo 140 SL with 1,600 miles on the clock. The only thing that needed looking at was the seized rebound adjustment screw on the front forks (common issue apparently). I weigh 15.5 stone and will use 60% of the battery on EMBT mode over 20 miles. Very happy with it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles