Levo SL Gen 1 My used 2021 turbo sl expert carbon says it’s a class 3

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
The bike I just bought clearly says class 3 28 mph on the tag below the shock. Other differences from the 2021 spec are shimano wheels and cassette…I do not want a class 3 bike,,,seller did not say anything about this and their receipt ddi not say class 3

thewheels are heavier th@n the dt Swiss wheels I think I pl@need to upgrade with cf wheels anyway. But now I’m very concerned about this tag

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
The wheels aren't what you were expecting, but you were going to replace them anyway. No problem there.

The sticker under the shock? Get a cool Kona Coffee sticker and cover it up.

The assist goes up to 28 mph? Well, your pedals control how fast you go. Don't spin 'em up as fast. If it really bums you out, maybe you can change a parameter in the setup. Shimano users can dial down the maximum assist speed. I'm not sure how Specialized does it.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Does it actually provide assist to 28mph??? Maybe the a sticker meant for a Creo or Vado was applied in error.
I'd just peel it off whatever the case. Maybe Spesh can send you a new Class 1 sticker.

U.S.Levo SLs are listed as Class 1. Where does the receipt indicate it was sold?

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Does it actually provide assist to 28mph??? Maybe the a sticker meant for a Creo or Vado was applied in error.
I'd just peel it off whatever the case. Maybe Spesh can send you a new Class 1 sticker.

U.S.Levo SLs are listed as Class 1. Where does the receipt indicate it was sold?
The oriiginal receipt just says 2021 sl expert carbon And it was shipped from Pennsylvania to San Francisco to a lady that knew the bike shop owner. I think the factory just screwed up putting the wrong sticker on it. I’m guessing they could not get the wheels listed in the spec And made a substitution. Just means I’ll have an excuse to order the cf wheels sooner. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it, lol.

Finished straightening the hanger which was bent and took it for a fast ride and it is a class 1 bike so that label was put on in error by someone. I'll just get a new one for it from the dealer or Specialized.

This wheelset is all wrong. Centerlock rotors, microspline shimano cassette not HD and about 2174g wheel weight. Should be about 1800g for the experts Roval/Dt Swiss wheelset. I will need a SRAM cassette, 6 bolt rotors to go with the new cf wheelset when I get it. Once I sell my Focus Jam2 C I'll have the cash to do that.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles