My Santa Cruz Heckler leaning on stuff

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
Heckler X01 RSV build kit in Yellow

Second day of ownership and I already have 30miles on this beast.

31A10973-35EB-4022-A018-3AD17E414A80.jpeg

83B4296B-73FE-46FB-B2EC-6A2BF609B37E.jpeg

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
Very nice, on my top 3 list! How did you find the sizing, ie were you able to test prior?
Coming from a size M 29er, the L Heckler is perfect. The standover height is a little challenging but after reviewing the SC geo charts, size L stand over is actually a little less than the M and the reach fit me better and that was most important for how i ride. I was able to ride a size L in advance and it confirmed what i thought as i was right between the M/L sizing according to Santa Cruz.

More photos to come, 65 miles in 4 days and no regrets!

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
246 miles, only 3 rides this week. :(
So far the heckler life is good. Small issue, The reverb dropper has started to get spongy when extended so will try to get to the dealer for some maintenance.

C58D50F1-8C85-4194-8FFE-07FB118338B0.jpeg

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
Quick update:

Reverb dropper post has developed the spongey phenomena again, and same as before, during a week when I couldn't ride it started happening again and now its there. Shop is all over and will warranty it with SRAM. They fixed it the first time but claimed that the issue shouldn't occur, so now that it has again we'll get it checked out and fixed again. I'm considering just going to FOX factory but lets see how the replacement works...

Around 550 miles, I had an issue with shifting and I thought it was new chain and cassette time. SRAM X01 was hanging in there but I thought for sure it was time for a replacement. Turns out, I'm just an idiot and its fine, the noise I was hearing was from a needed small adjustment and some TLC needed on my part in terms of lubrication more frequently. I'm now at 980 miles (and yeah I'm a big boy) and I don't see any near term issues with drivetrain, everything is very quiet, shifts phenomenally well and keeps putting a smile on my face. When it finally does give up, I'll probably do a GX cassette and a new X01/XX1 chain.

Tires - DHRII are shot, back tire is a major limit on rides now, hardly no traction, I've gotten 125% of my money's worth out of that back tire. Front is close to worn out too, I get a lot of wash outs on trails that used to stick and rail, will replace them both again with the same 27.5 EXO+ 2.6 DHRII since it isn't broke, no need for a fix!

Keep rubber side down boys and girls, ride on!

ccwilli3

Jun 2, 2020
Ladera Ranch, CA - USA
Ladera Ranch? What's up, homie?
I'm a Heckler driver from OC.

Yep yep, RustyIron, WE OUT HERE!

about to pass 2000 miles, just fitted 3rd rear tire (DHR II) 2nd front tire (switched to DHF) and new CODE rear pads in the calipers. Rear puncture (a stick, for real!?) and that prompted a refresh for all of those parts I bought during the pandemic as spares...

EDIT: Oh, did manage to break the stock WTB team seat rail, replaced it with similar but otherwise still ON IT!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles