My new e-zesty

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Upgrade fork to 130mm on this

Focus Raven2 signals a whole new direction for e-bikes - MBR

Can't get one where I live, otherwise I'll be riding it.

I did look in to it but I decided that if the weight difference between the Shimano & battery quipped Fazua is only 1 kg then there is no point spending another £4000 on a less capable bike than the one I have, but if I was starting again though it would be a little different.
Cheers.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Not sure how they came up with only a 1kg saving tbh. I've a Scott e-genius in medium which has the shimano steps and theres a little sticker on there that says 27kg. I've never weighed it but why would they lie? The e-zesty is 18kg ish. Maybe it's the other stuff that's lighter?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I just weighed my Merida e160 as I rode it today and it's 22.2kg, with e8000 and 504wH battery. That's not an unsubstantial 20% heavier but with more power and range. My hardtail is 18ish kg with the same motor and battery.

The Zesty is beautiful and I do have my eye on a Focus Paralane2, but the reality is, in my case, I need to lose 3.5kg more than the bike does. haha.

Gordon

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
My Commencal Meta Power (size L) is 22,6kg with pedals.
I really like the Zesty and the 4-5kg weight difference is huge. If it was in the same price range I would definitely prefer it over anything else. Great concept with the moderate assist and the removable battery/DU.
First I thought the 250Wh battery is too small but I think even if you ran out it’s less of an issue when you pedal an 18kg bike - compared to a 28kg Haibike Flyon for example.. ?

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
I just weighed my Merida e160 as I rode it today and it's 22.2kg, with e8000 and 504wH battery. That's not an unsubstantial 20% heavier but with more power and range. My hardtail is 18ish kg with the same motor and battery.

The Zesty is beautiful and I do have my eye on a Focus Paralane2, but the reality is, in my case, I need to lose 3.5kg more than the bike does. haha.

Gordon
I'm in the same boat as you, lost loads since out on the emtb. More to go though.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Not sure how they came up with only a 1kg saving tbh. I've a Scott e-genius in medium which has the shimano steps and theres a little sticker on there that says 27kg. I've never weighed it but why would they lie? The e-zesty is 18kg ish. Maybe it's the other stuff that's lighter?

I think it was MBR that said the system weight was only 1kg difference to the Shimano steps although thinking about it I would of thought the difference in battery weight would be that.
For reference my Merida 120 is 21.6kg on my scales.
Cheers.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
I think it was MBR that said the system weight was only 1kg difference to the Shimano steps although thinking about it I would of thought the difference in battery weight would be that.
For reference my Merida 120 is 21.6kg on my scales.
Cheers.
If we look at system weight, the E8000 DU is 2,8kg and the 504Wh external battery is 2,6kg (according to my kitchen scale) and add some for wires/display/assist switch/battery mounting hardware. Based on the info in the EMBN video, the complete Fazua system is 3,3kg which means more than 2kg difference between the systems.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
If we look at system weight, the E8000 DU is 2,8kg and the 504Wh external battery is 2,6kg (according to my kitchen scale) and add some for wires/display/assist switch/battery mounting hardware. Based on the info in the EMBN video, the complete Fazua system is 3,3kg which means more than 2kg difference between the systems.

Although according to this post (and agreement below it) the battery is extra to that 3.3kg giving a total of 4.61kg (vs 5.4kg as you measured for the E8000+battery)

Lapierre EZesty - EMTB Forums

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Although according to this post (and agreement below it) the battery is extra to that 3.3kg giving a total of 4.61kg (vs 5.4kg as you measured for the E8000+battery)

So you are pretty much saying that it's a heavier system than Shimano E8000 @ 2,8kg + battery vs 3,3kg + battery. I would like to see it measured because it's just guessing and it's hard to believe...

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK

Yep, those stats are correct according to the Fazua site... 1.3kg for BB, 1.9kg for motor and batt case, 1.4kg for battery giving a total of 4.6kg:

1551705036337.png

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
So you are pretty much saying that it's a heavier system than Shimano E8000 @ 2,8kg + battery vs 3,3kg + battery. I would like to see it measured because it's just guessing and it's hard to believe...
It does sound like a Shimano with a 252Wh battery would be a very similar weight :unsure:

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Nice... then with the same battery it’s heavier than the Shimano. Kind of disappointing for the price.
I agree. Maybe a shimano e7000 or a 6000 if they do one with a smaller battery is the way to go. Still love the zesty though.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
I agree. Maybe a shimano e7000 or a 6000 if they do one with a smaller battery is the way to go. Still love the zesty though.
It’s a beautiful bike no question about it. I doubt if Shimano (and most of the others) will offer a smaller battery when almost everybody wants bigger range and you cannot remove the motor to make it almost as light as a regular bike. That alone can be a selling point for the Zesty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles