Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Look what just arrived
15505026332853755136333703666797.jpg

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Very nice.... What is that orange thing covering the base of the shock? Is that fix for the issues reported in the E-Mountainbike review where the rear end started to creak and squeek? Given how elegant the rest of the bike is it's a little unfortunate...

Exclusive Review: Lapierre eZesty AM LTD Ultimate – Pioneering a new bike category? | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine
Was always there. It's a kind of cover for the shock. I read that review also. Time will tell. Surely a touch if lube will help? We all need a touch of lube in our lives now and again don't we? ?

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Wow, I can't believe it is here. I thought it was still months away. Awesome bike VERY jeaous. Hope to get my flyon faster than expected too! (Same mother company).
By the way, make a review when you can please. Curious to know if the weight benefits are as apparent as the more official reviews indicate

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Now that’s a really great looking bike.
It’s a shame Lapierre pulled out of the North American market, we were the biggest dealer around for Lapierre. Really miss my Spicy Team

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Any chance you can give us a real world weight on it?
From that E-Mountainbike review...

"Here is the trick with the Lapierre eZesty or rather the concept of the FAZUA motor: you can easily remove the motor and the battery as a unit without the use of tools, allowing you to transform the bike into a regular, non-electric mountain-bike. This lightens the bike by around 2.8 kg. Instead of 18.4 kg (size L) the eZesty then only weighs 15.6 kg – in view of the heavy-duty componentry spec, it’s comparable to a classic Enduro bike. The drive unit simply gets replaced by an empty shell weighing a little under 500 g, which doubles as storage space."

...and...

"The Lapierre eZesty AM is available in two build specs and three sizes – M, L and XL. Due to design limits, the French brand decided not to build a compromised size S frame. The top-end model we tested in size L weighs 18.4 kg. According to Lapierre, special attention was given to the bike’s handling and uncompromising spec, featuring heavy-duty components for trail use – it would be easy to build a lighter eZesty, but that would be at the expense of longevity."

So a tad heavier than they originally stated (which I seem to remember was ~17.5kg), but not much.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Wow, I can't believe it is here. I thought it was still months away. Awesome bike VERY jeaous. Hope to get my flyon faster than expected too! (Same mother company).
By the way, make a review when you can please. Curious to know if the weight benefits are as apparent as the more official reviews indicate
Not sure about a review as such as I'm neither a pro or very eloquent. I'll certainly be honest for good or evil. Watch this space.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
That's a stunner. Hopefully it rides better than the review stated.

Maybe they were harsh because it was a highly anticipated bike?!
I didn't think that the review was that bad considering the anticipation surrounding this bike. They seem to have taken issue with the rear shock. It is in an awkward spot. I'll know more in the coming days.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Any chance you can give us a real world weight on it?
Guy in the shop said it weighed in at 18.2 kg all on. Itll be going tubeless so not sure if that'll add weight or remove it. I'll let you know when it's done. I do know it feels very light in comparison to my Scott which weighs in at 27.6 kg. Website states that at 23kg btw. Maybe it's the medium that's 17.5? Mines a large.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
?for you. Flyon looks unreal but not for me. Eco on my shimano is too much power even for my wants. I'm sure you'll love it.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Now that’s a really great looking bike.
It’s a shame Lapierre pulled out of the North American market, we were the biggest dealer around for Lapierre. Really miss my Spicy Team
Theres no lappiere in north America? How about haibike? Think they've similar masters? I also think bulls have a fazua powered bike either out or on the way that is even lighter.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Guy in the shop said it weighed in at 18.2 kg all on
nice!
Was that with pedals?
Going tubeless it will depend on how heavy the stock tubes are as to how much (if any) weight you'll save
Tubeless = 120g ish of sealant per tyre + negigible weight for tape/valves (30g?).
Standard butyl innertubes range in weight from about 110g upto 300g (27.5x2.5)
Changing tyres while you are at it can save far more if the terrain you ride is suitable for lighter casing tyres.
a 27.7x2.5 a steel bead dual ply DH casing tyre can weigh 1400g, DD casing about 1100-1200g and a folding Exo should be somewhere betwen 800-900g

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
nice!
Was that with pedals?
Going tubeless it will depend on how heavy the stock tubes are as to how much (if any) weight you'll save
Tubeless = 120g ish of sealant per tyre + negigible weight for tape/valves (30g?).
Standard butyl innertubes range in weight from about 110g upto 300g (27.5x2.5)
Changing tyres while you are at it can save far more if the terrain you ride is suitable for lighter casing tyres.
a 27.7x2.5 a steel bead dual ply DH casing tyre can weigh 1400g, DD casing about 1100-1200g and a folding Exo should be somewhere betwen 800-900g
these are the pedals. 350g for the pair. DMR V12 Magnesium Flat Mountain Bike Pedal. T

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
They have 2 models of the eZesty as well. Pretty good spec and price on the cheaper of the two. Similar price to the 727i. Around here the 160mm travel 727i might make more sense(with a 180 fork). Couldn’t find the geo on their bikes at the uk online shop I was looking at.they did have international shipping. Hopefully that includes emtb’s. I’d most likely want a couple extra batteries for the fazua,not knowing availability

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
That looks cracking - I wonder what the battery price and availability is? I seem to recall someone saying there is massive demand as the same system is being used in toad and gravel bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles