My must-do budget upgrades to YT Decoy

vertzonaatio

Jun 3, 2020
Finland
Hi all,

Here's a little video of all the little upgrades I've done to my YT Decoy in the last 6 months since I got the bike. Many of the ideas and tips I've got from this forum, so thank you all! The video is in Finnish but I've done proper English subtitles for it also:

Let me know what you think :)

Sam233

Jul 19, 2020
Germany
Hi, nice video (y) i would prefer the bigger disc on the rear wheel. But maybe this depend on riding style, i only got problems on the rear on long decents. Riding different tire manufactors is not a crime ?

Last edited:

vertzonaatio

Jun 3, 2020
Finland
Hi, nice video (y) i would prefer the bigger disc on the rear wheel. But maybe this depend on riding style, i only got problems on the rear on long decents. Riding different tire manufactors are not a crime ?

Hah. Thanks for checking out the video and commenting! The reason why you want the larger brake rotor in the front is that on "full braking" the front brake does like 80% of the job, due to weight moving forwards. But I totally get your feeling about the rear brake fading. I guess it's just learning to drag those brakes less, but it's easier said than done :)

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Hah. Thanks for checking out the video and commenting! The reason why you want the larger brake rotor in the front is that on "full braking" the front brake does like 80% of the job, due to weight moving forwards. But I totally get your feeling about the rear brake fading. I guess it's just learning to drag those brakes less, but it's easier said than done :)

I was guilty of this for years, now use the front more than the rear.............

Sam233

Jul 19, 2020
Germany
Here are my upgrades after 3000 km so far. Maybe not so much "budget"
DecoyUpgrades.png

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Here are my upgrades after 3000 km so far. Maybe not so much "budget"
View attachment 42622
There's a bunch of my upgrades there as well. Cushcore, Saints, and inner battery protection are my top 3 upgrades. I'm going much faster with Cushcore on rockier rough/gnarly trails. Even got my first KOM yesterday evening on such a trail here in North Vancouver.

Sam233

Jul 19, 2020
Germany
There's a bunch of my upgrades there as well. Cushcore, Saints, and inner battery protection are my top 3 upgrades. I'm going much faster with Cushcore on rockier rough/gnarly trails. Even got my first KOM yesterday evening on such a trail here in North Vancouver.
What is a KOM?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles