Levo SL Gen 1 My Levo SL just died

Beaker

Jul 5, 2020
Scotland
Hey all,

purchased my SL around august last year, minimal miles over winter. Went out today and did about 25k and 2k from home (luckily) the crank just seized. I looked down and the power indicator was flashing red and the crank would not turn.

I walk the bike home, turned it off and on a few times but this feels like a serious mechanical failure.

anyone else experienced anything like this?

thanks ya’ll

D500FC04-DB24-435A-8F5F-D9081F1C9662.jpeg

EB40970B-D113-4ABC-9373-25AB67E89555.jpeg

Beaker

Jul 5, 2020
Scotland
Yeah, I’ve saw a few electrical type issues on here but this felt very mechanical unfortunately.

Retailer where I purchased from has been contacted, I’ll wait and see what happens.

Anyone have warranty stories, good or bad?

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
These bikes are experiencing 100% failures based on my convo with a big chain’s rep. I got a new motor 127 miles in on the 1st one. I’m now about 40 miles in on my second motor and it failed today...
Done with these. Anyone want a boat anchor?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
100% failures based on my convo with a big chain’s rep
Was that the rep from a chain selling another brand ? :unsure: :LOL:

Quite clearly that's not the case as 99% of people on here with SL's don't have any failures.

Do you jet wash it ? pedal strike it ? It seems strange you'd have two failures. Not saying you do, you could just be exceptionally unlucky.

Be glad it wasn't a Full Fat bike !

Harold

Oct 30, 2020
Brussels
So failures happen to Mahle motor! I was not aware of it! ;)
You are unlucky I guess, but a motor replacement should fix the issue for good!
Good luck mate!

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
These bikes are experiencing 100% failures based on my convo with a big chain’s rep. I got a new motor 127 miles in on the 1st one. I’m now about 40 miles in on my second motor and it failed today...
Done with these. Anyone want a boat anchor?
2600 miles on mine and still mint. Don’t know where your hearing about 100% failure. Do you work for Bosch :unsure:

MacCruzIn

Aug 18, 2020
Santa Cruz, CA
I had some initial issue with my SL if I turned upside down to wash, after a couple of times the SL would not power on, took to shop and it worked for them, think I got some moisture internally, it took a couple of days to dry out, just like any electronics, it came back. Now very careful how I wash it. Today I have ~1050 miles and no problems since. I did get a wobble in the rear, could not figure it out, took it to shop and the spokes needed to be tighten up. I've had a couple of serious pedal strikes, but no damage that I can tell, did get knocked off my line and went over a small cliff, got right back up. This bike takes a licking and keeps on ticking as we boomers like to say ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles