My Focus Jam2 6.8 Plus was stolen

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
Hi All, thought i'd get the message out in as many places as possible, i had my Jam2 6.8 plus stolen last month, along with my Whyte and still trying to track it down, so thought i'd post it up here, as well as working out what to get to replace it in the near future!

My bike was the 2019 model, in medium and blue, with the serial number 390383009, they didn't take the charger or tec pack, so it'll be a 24kg full suspension bike for someone! Was pretty standard apart from the tyres, which were a magic mary front and eddy current rear, and i just fitted a SLX front brake. It was taken from the Bristol area around the 12/13th July.

I'm hoping it turns up as it's a bit of a lump without the charger, but will give it a few more months then probably go for the 2020 version of this with the new Bosch motor!

Cheers for reading, just hoping it finds its way to someone in the know in the UK, only had it a little over a week and was loving the doors it opened in terms of new styles of rides, will have to wait a while for that again.

IMG_0477.jpeg

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi All, thought i'd get the message out in as many places as possible, i had my Jam2 6.8 plus stolen last month, along with my Whyte and still trying to track it down, so thought i'd post it up here, as well as working out what to get to replace it in the near future!

My bike was the 2019 model, in medium and blue, with the serial number 390383009, they didn't take the charger or tec pack, so it'll be a 24kg full suspension bike for someone! Was pretty standard apart from the tyres, which were a magic mary front and eddy current rear, and i just fitted a SLX front brake. It was taken from the Bristol area around the 12/13th July.

I'm hoping it turns up as it's a bit of a lump without the charger, but will give it a few more months then probably go for the 2020 version of this with the new Bosch motor!

Cheers for reading, just hoping it finds its way to someone in the know in the UK, only had it a little over a week and was loving the doors it opened in terms of new styles of rides, will have to wait a while for that again.

View attachment 16741
Wouldn't suprise me if they bought a charger from Ebay and either sold it on or knocking about on your local trails. Keep your next bike indoors if you can like I do. Cant trust anyone nowadays.

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
I had 3 locks on it, went out and have got 3 x secure gold rated now with anchors, not sure they'll get a charger off ebay as i've not seen them, only place selling them online is rutland, at over 100 quid.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Fucking low life scummy Bastards:mad::mad:. If Rutland is the only place that sells them, ring and ask them to let you know if anyone orders a charger on it's own. Or at least keep their ear to the ground. Gumtree is worth a look. A mate had his RC helis nicked (£5k+) found them on Gumtree a week later, went round to the guy's house as a potential buyer, gave him a good payment ;) and left with his helis.

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
Terrible to hear ?
Hope you locate it.
What method of attack did they use to get through the locks?

Bolt cutters by the looks of it and opened after a few attempts, the chains were around 15mm links, i've now got a couple of the big kryptonite 16mm chains, as well as the U locks, should hopefully slow down anyone next time, although the bikes probably worth less than the chains now!

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Bolt cutters by the looks of it and opened after a few attempts, the chains were around 15mm links, i've now got a couple of the big kryptonite 16mm chains, as well as the U locks, should hopefully slow down anyone next time, although the bikes probably worth less than the chains now!

Chains and locks probably quite heavy too but I guess it’s what we now have to use to protect nice things in this day and age ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
It sounds like my protection might not enough! The bike below is inside a garage with both up and over doors bolted shut. The window is bolted shut. The solid wood access door has two 5-lever mortise locks and with three 4" stainless steel hinges. The chain is the Kryptonite New York Noose, fastened to the Kryptonite ground anchor by a Kryptonite key lock. All Gold rated. The cable lock is what I used previously. I use it on the tow bar rack when I absolutely must go for a pee!
Kyrptonite in situ.jpg

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
To be honest, it's as safe as you can get it, the lock is a good one which shouldn't be cut with bolt cutters, but reality is if they have time and the kit, they can get anything, i'm just amazed at how it was broad daylight while i was at work and they appear to have carried them out of the garage and down a road that's usually got people walking up and down all day.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
There is nothing to stop the thief from cutting through the bike frame and carrying off the bike. They can then break it up for parts at their leisure. By at least they'll have to work a bit harder for their money!

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
There is nothing to stop the thief from cutting through the bike frame and carrying off the bike. They can then break it up for parts at their leisure. By at least they'll have to work a bit harder for their money!

I guess you just have to make your bike seem less attractive to steal compared to the bikes around it by using tougher locks and more of them. Reminds me of the joke about 2 guys about to be eaten by a bear. One guy starts to tie his shoelaces and the other says “you are not seriously trying to outrun that bear are you?”
To which his friend replies...”no, of course not. I just need to outrun you.

Gee

Jun 20, 2019
South Wales
Sorry to hear that fella, hope you get it back.

A Datatag kit for about £20 is worth it, plus registering any bikes on BikeRegister and the Immobilise website (free).

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I guess you just have to make your bike seem less attractive to steal compared to the bikes around it by using tougher locks and more of them. ..............

I have a similar policy with respect to house security, ie let them go elsewhere! We have nothing especially worth stealing, but just don't want the emotional and physical upset. We have an alarm system (with flashing box outside) and all the windows and doors are very secure. We lock all doors when leaving the house as a matter of habit, even if working in the garden! There are security lights front and rear that come on automatically with low light levels and they go full on glare when they detect movement. We always have several lights on in the house, on timers so they go on and off at reasonable times. There is Pyracantha (vicious spines) growing in places where they might be able to climb onto the garage roof.

The house next door, built by the same builder and designed by the same architect, so they look similar has none of this and is often in total darkness. It has been burgled once already. At 5-8 year intervals, burglary gangs come from outside the Police area and cruise through the village breaking into about half a dozen or so houses in just a few hours. They have never been caught. We are closer to their entry and exit point, but we have never been touched, so far (that's jinxed it!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles