my E010 error and a fix

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
a quick back story, I bought an ex demo heckler that had done 1000km, went for a few rides with no issues, updated to latest firmware, a few rides later, had e010 and w013 errors that would not clear. returned bike to dealer who replaced motor under warranty.
they rode it for 400 meters to test and no issues. I got the bike home and turned it on and off several times through the week with no issues.
battery was at 80% so charged it yesterday.
got to trail centre today, turned it on and had E010 error. tried turning off and on about ten times and it would not clear, removed battery etc, it would not clear (this is a brand new motor).
I have stunlocker, so decided to buy the full version and try to change the chain ring size, I could not figure out how to do it, so I thought fuck it, may as well change the region to US, which I did. disconnected, turned it back on and the bike works fine. turned it on and off several times post ride and it is still fine. I'm charging the battery now for a ride tomorrow, will try in a few hours when fully charged to see if it will turn on ok.

why on earth would charging the battery result in the e010 error?
why would changing the region fix the error? (i'm very pleased that it did!)

surely this whole e010 thing is a software issue?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Maybe because the Heckler was designed in the USA, so resetting the region to USA goes back to a tried and tested software version?
(I'm guessing, I don't know).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles